February 2012 Moms

first firework show

We took Emily for her first firework show last night, it didnt start until 930, well past her bedtime. So I was concerned with her being fussy because she was tired and her reaction to the fireworks.

The country club had a family day, with swimming BBQ, games and end the night with fireworks. Emily was a hit with all the strangers, little girls about 4-7 were coming out of the woodworks to see her. They were her little fan club. Then one little girl brought her dad to come see the 0 year old baby. It was so cute she was telling him, Emily's name, she was 0 years old and she was the most beautiful baby ever. so cute and kind akward for some man to be gwaking my baby, but he was just trying to make his baby happy.

Anyway the fireworks started and Emily was asleep, she woke up right away. She just staired at the sky and the fireworks in awe the whole time, no crying or even fussing. She was also in love with the glow sticks they were giving out to kids, she was waving it around and watching it. the 4th might be a fun holiday afterall.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: first firework show

• FUN! 

Hoping my LO reacts as well to firewords as yours-  we're just doing "home" fireworks with family on the 4th- nothing too crazy.

BabyFruit Ticker

• We went to our city fireworks last night too. Although, we just went to the water...2 miles from where they were set off.  PJ stared at them...it was so cute! It was also way past his bedtime, but he did really well.
  • Loading the player...
  • AHH!! You are better than I. If you recall I posted a week ago that I was taking Mikey...but we decided against it. He was fussy all day yesterday because he was taking sh!tty naps and so when he fell asleep for the night at 7:30, we decided to stay put and not tempt fate. I was bummed but I guess this is motherhood, right?!

I'm so glad Emily loved them and you got to experience that as a family. Good for you guys! 

• Our towns were last night and they shoot them off less than .5 mile from our house.  Loud noises really startle LO, and I didn't want to screw w/ bedtime.  I made sure she was good and asleep about an hour before they started - turned the fan on the AC on high and made sure sheep sleep was on.  Thankfully she slept right through it.  Someone set one off earlier in the evening and it really scared her... If we could see them from farther away, I'd love to have her watch them, but I don't think it would've been a good idea for us this year. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"