Cloth Diapering
Options

Diaper liners for diaper rash cream

After battling this rash for a while, going to disposables for the past few days, and finding out yesterday from my BIL pediatirician that it's not yeast after all, I'm planning on going back to cloth shortly, but am going to slather on the cream at every single change without fail.

So I need some liners.  I'll make them myself, just wondering a couple of things.

1. is thin flannel a good material?

2. can you just wash them with your diapers?

3. can you make cloth wipes out of the same material?  or is something thicker better for that?

I have a natural diaper cream that I like, but my SIL brought us home a bunch of Boudreaux's from the States, and I've heard good things about it, so I want to use it and not worry about ruining my diapers.

Re: Diaper liners for diaper rash cream

• Options

thanks!  that's why I want to get the rash cleared up and then be diligent about cream - to prevent it from reappearing.

I'm using kissaluv organic hemp and thirsties.  Some thirsties covers, some wool covers.  BIL thought the rash just came from general irritation (I was convinced it was yeast, but he's the doctor!) and because she had a bit of diarrhea for a while. 

Now, maybe Boudreauxs isn't good for preventative treatment?  not sure, never used it before.  I do like this natural cream I found, there's nothing in it but water and flower extracts (according to label).  And the rash is clearing up really nicely using a base of hydrocortizone, canesten and then diaper cream on top.   Technically I don't need the Canesten since it's not yeast, but it is working so well I don't want to change anything.

How does fleece work for stay dry?  I think that's another reason the rash appeared - despite changing very, very frequently, sometimes her diapers were soaked, with both urine and sweat.

• Options

imagesecondaryPULSE:
    I would strongly venture to guess that the cause of your rash is that you're using a natural fiber against the skin with no stay dry barrier. This means that urine/sweat is being held against the skin. Fleece wicks moisture away from the skin, so even when the diaper is wet, the skin will be dry. I bet if you start using fleece liners with every diaper, and only do a few more days of cream (then just the fleece), you'll notice a real difference.

wow!!  i had no idea you needed a liner w/ natural fibres!  the manufacturers sure don't tell you this stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"