Multiples

Triple the Anxiety

Okay, this is probably going to sound crazy! My DH and I got married in January of last year. We decided we wanted a baby! Well, now apparently we're getting three! Three girlies. We've gotten almost nothing done! The nursery isn't done, we have hardly any things, and we still have no names. Now don't get me wrong, I want these girls, but I'm a little scared. What if I'm not a good mother? What if all three of them start crying and theirs only me home? What if I forget to feed one because I'm taking care of the others? And I have to do this all by myself. Gosh, I'm just a wreck. What do I do? Because I'm stressed and I know that's not good for them.

Thanks,

Alice 

Re: Triple the Anxiety

• I know how you feel.  DH works long hours and I have been worrying that I might not be woman enough to handle twin babies and a toddler all wanting my attention.  I have been told that you take it slow and you do the best you can.  My friend who has a set of twins said until you get a system down it will be chaos and you will get through it. Her twins are now a month old and she hasn't killed anyone yet so i feel there is hope for me.

Also, infants don't need a nursery in the beginning.  If you have 3 car seats ( DD would only sleep in her car seat for the first month or so) and some diapers, a few bottles.. you will be ok.  Heck you probably won't even be in the nursery has much as your room or the living room where you have space to take care of all three. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know it's scary, but all you REALLY need to bring babies home from the hospital are car seats, diapers and some blankets. It'll be okay.

People always ask me how I do it, and the answer is that you just do. It seems impossible but you make it work, literally moment by moment. It will be really hard, but it will also be equally as wonderful. The very fact that you're so worried about being a good mom probably means that you will be. : ) 

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm only weeks away and nervous! Let me tell you though- people come out and are soooooo generous! We got so much for our shower but then we got so much given to us second hand in awesome shape. So don't buy a lot because people want to give and help!!!
  • It is normal to get more anxious the closer you get to delivery. It will all come together;) I see you have three names picked out already!!! I always set my goals quite low for the day so I was all successful:) so if I knew I had to feed change babies and dress myself it was a great day. I never tried big plans like going to mom / baby exercise classes or anything. Congrats on the three girls ;) 

Dee
    DS - 40W6D - Oct 2004
    DS - 41W4D - March 2007
    GGG - 33W6D - July 2008
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You just do it and it becomes the norm. My husband doesn't help hardly I do 98% of the work and it gets done. Triplets will be harder obviously. You will work out a system. The first few weeks I had a log of how much I was feeding them  and when I fed them and also when they peed and did poo to keep track. I use Boppies to feed them and prop their bottles with a blanket, and burp them one after the other. The system works for me, I only have two though....My mom helped a lot in the beginning btw! My kids are just starting to transition to their cribs from their rock n plays, I sleep in the guest room with them in their RNP's, I have a mini fridge with bottles up here and a warmer so I don't have to run downstairs. Their room was set up a about 2 months ago also <:
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • HELLO! 

Well, I am also pregnant with triplets and am also 26 weeks!  I KNOW how you feel!  I am anxious a LOT.  We finally just got all three cribs up tonight, but still have a lot to do.  I think we just have to take it one day at a time.  Do you work?  Are you still working full time?  

• I do work, but I'm an interior designer. I work on my own clock and from home. I've taken the past few weeks off :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"