December 2011 Moms
Options

what do strangers say to you?

...when they see your baby for the first time?

for me, people always comment on her eyelashes because they are long and curl up to her eyebrows.

anyone else?

Re: what do strangers say to you?

• Options
    I usually hear "Where did she get those blue eyes from?" 

...thanks for pointing out the obvious - that dd does not look like me!
  • Options
    Usually something about his smile.  DS will smile at anyone.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    People say he looks like me, that he is big, and that he is cute. I don't think boys get as many specific physical compliments as girls do. He also has rolls on his knees that everyone loves.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    People always comment on how pretty his eyes are.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Options

imagekwinkle1980:
    People say he looks like me, that he is big, and that he is cute. I don't think boys get as many specific physical compliments as girls do. He also has rolls on his knees that everyone loves.

Same here. 

DS is usually in the sling so his face and knees/feet are the parts people see and comment on the most.

Also alot of people say - he looks so cozy in that [sling].  and sometimes - I wish I had one for me! (usually the creepy male cashier while staring at my kid nuzzle at my chest)

• Options
    look at all that hair, beautiful eyes, how old is she- oh, wow she is a big girl, very healthy, very happy girl
  • Options
    How happy she is and how she's always smiling. We also get comments on her blue eyes and chubby cheeks all the time!

• Options

The hair!! Oh my goodness, I've never seen such hair on a baby that young!

Oh she's just gorgeous. Look at those cheeks and those eyes!

And the kicker, I've had three seperate ladies on three seperate days ask me where I got such a pretty doll.

"Is that a real baby?" "Where did you find such a pretty doll?" "What a beautiful baby doll!!"

Oh we paid extra for the life-like peeing and cooing. Hmm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I always get something like

"He is soooo cute!!!!  Look at those cheeks!"

He does have pretty awesome cheeks.  And he's quite the looker too Wink

• Options
    imageHisKonstantine:

And the kicker, I've had three seperate ladies on three seperate days ask me where I got such a pretty doll.

"Is that a real baby?" "Where did you find such a pretty doll?" "What a beautiful baby doll!!"

This exactly!  Hair and doll! 

• Options

imagekwinkle1980:

Haha, pretty much this exactly.  Everywhere I go, people stop me to tell me how adorable he is, they also tell me he look like the Gerber baby.

Is it bad that I LOVE it when R gets fawned over and complimented? :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    His blue eyes and how small he is lol
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The conversation invariably goes: "He's so cute! Look at all that hair! How old is he? Wow, he's a big boy!" (then some comment on how strong we must be getting - which is totally true, lol)
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• Options
    imageatlast107:
    imageHisKonstantine:

This exactly!  Hair and doll! 

Us too and usually something about how big she is and how much they love chubby babies. The doll comments I find a little weird.

BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • Options
    Everytime we go out C gets comments on how cute she is
  • Options
    Everyone comments on his red hair and his intense gaze.  This kid can win a staring contest with anyone!
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    motangmotang member

Wow look at her blue eyes. 

She's so cute!

She looks like a happy baby.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How pretty his eyes are, how happy he is, how he's identical to DH (if DH is with me) and how big he is for his age. I don't really get the last one because even tho he was born at 9 lb 9 oz he's 50% now on weight! And he's 80% on height so the weight is spread out but people maintain that he's chunky. Whatever. :)  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

The type of comment I get the most is about having two young kids.  I have been called brave, I have had pity taken on me, I have been asked what I was thinking, been told I must have patience like no other........... 

About DS - A lot of people automatically assume he is a girl because he is so cute.  I also get a lot of comments about his beautiful eyes and how beautiful he is.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cheeks. always the cheeks!
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options

His eyes. People think they are "exotic"

His hair. It's soft and spikey

How happy he is

People also always comment on his wardrobe 

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• Options

"Oh it's a baby, look how cute he is! How old is, like 4 or 5 months?"- No, he's 6. When he was 5 months, people were asking if he was 3. He's in the 50th percentile so I don't get why people think he is younger.

"OHH you look JUST like Daddy"

• Options
    His chubby cheeks and bright blue eyes. 

• Options
    sagoonsagoon member

He's so BIG!

And 'Lookat those eyelashes!' 

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    "You've got your hands full!"
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options
    I wonder if it's a local thing that the first thing I'm always asked is how old she is.
  • Options
    We get "look at that hair!" Everytime. People are just shocked by his hair. I mean come on he is not the first baby with hair. But I do understand there is a lot and it is wild.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    People comment on his blue eyes and smiles.  Everyone seems to know he is a boy but with DD I got comments on how "he" was cute/chubby/etc. even when she was in a dress or wearing pink.  DD barely had any hair for the first year so for some reason people assumed that no hair = boy.  DS doesn't have much hair either. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Look at those eyes and eyelashes! Gorgeous! If hubby is with me, "oh my gosh, she looks just like her daddy!"
  • Options
    Beautiful eyes (they're really unique looking), big smile, Gerber baby. I love them all :)
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member

Now that we live in scotland, "what a wee bonnie lass"

people also like to comment on her cheeks and how happy she is...she really knows how to turn on the charm when she is getting attention...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    I always get "aww look at the baby" , "how old is she?" and when they find out, "omg, she's so tiny. Was she a preemie?" , "she's so cute/precious, etc"
  • Options
    A2009A2009 member
    He is a mini-me of DH so we always hear how he looks JUST like his Daddy.
  • Options

I'm usually out with my friend and her baby who is 2 months younger than mine, yet the same size. People for some reason always ask if we're sisters...as if that would explain why two women are out with two babies.....::shrug:: we look nothing alike by the way.   Or they ask if the babies are twins. Once again, they look nothing alike. Lol, is it so strange that two friends both have babies? 

But they both get oohed and ahhed at.  My LO gets comments on her blue eyes, and that she looks like a Gerber baby.  

~*Kimberly*~

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Options

I used to always get, "Look how big her eyes are!  Look at all that hair!"  I was even told a few times that she should be a baby model.  :)

Now Margo wears a helmet.  I like to explain when I get asked curious questions about it.  I also prepared some snide remarks for any negativity.  But honestly, I really didn't expect to get as many mean stares and rude comments as I do.

A teenager practically shouted, "OMIGOD what's wrong with your baby!!"  That was the worst.  I cried in my car over that one.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Always get asked how old she is and then the " she's so tiny" comments. Also that she is so cute and such a happy baby. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"