February 2012 Moms

how to put an end to co-sleeping?

LO will NOT sleep for more than 15 Minutes unless he's sleeping with me. The first few nights that we transitioned him to this crib were wonderful. About three weeks ago he was STTN, and I just caught a glimpse of the light at the end of the tunnel ( and it was beautiful...)... Well instead of never sleeping, I decided to just sleep withhim as it seemed the better option and we both slept much better while co-sleeping. But now  want it to stop, but every time I try it fails, and makes me feel like a lazy crumby mom for taking the easy way out... and I just bring him back to bed with me.

I'm so in desperate need of time to myself, I think I'm going to cry. I need some help... It feels like I'm gonna be stuck sleeping with my kid my whole life. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: how to put an end to co-sleeping?

• What I did was always put LO down in his crib to start the night.  Then when he woke I gave him a pacifier about 3 times then if he was still awake I took him to bed with me.  When we started he went until midnight, then 2, now he goes until 5:30.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just out of curiosity, how long did it take? I usually nurse him to sleep in my bed, then let him sleep there for a bit, and then pick him up, nurse him and put him in hos crib. Sometimes he will cooperate but most times he won't. He never took to the pacifier, so those don't help much. I'm almost considering giving him bottles of BM while he's in his crib to avoid waking him when I put him down! 
  • Loading the player...
  • The other option is to learn to love it. I felt exactly like this but then I read this cartoon:

https://www.thefoodoflove.org/breastfeed-in-your-sleep.htm

And now I want to savor every precious minute.

Sorry I don't have any advice on transitioning to the crib, this was my solution.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • imageHattieLove:

The other option is to learn to love it. I felt exactly like this but then I read this cartoon:

https://www.thefoodoflove.org/breastfeed-in-your-sleep.htm

And now I want to savor every precious minute.

Sorry I don't have any advice on transitioning to the crib, this was my solution.  

Lol, this is so true.  I know it's good for me cus he wakes every hour still like a newborn, I'm just soo afraid that he'll have difficulties sleeping independently when he needs to. 

• Well I nurse him then hold him on my chest for 30 min so he is upright to get the bubbles out.  Then I swaddle him and lay him down once he is SOUND asleep (I'm talking dead to the world asleep).  It only took about a week for each hourly progression. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"