Breastfeeding
Options

Help

I don't know if I've ever posted on this board, but I need a little help. My LO is 7 weeks, and my DH wants to help feed her.  I've been pumping, and have a little in the freezer. We have tried the Tommy Tippee bottles twice, but DH gets discouraged after just a couple minutes because she won't latch.  Is there any other kind of bottle he should try, or any other helpful tips?

LO won't take a paci either. We tried a paci at 1 day old, and off and on since. We tried the 2 bottles in the past week. If anyone else has experienced something similar, I would really appreciate the help. No one else we know has had this issue.  

Anniversary Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Help

• Options

Have you read on www.kellymom.com How to Bottle-Feed a Breastfed Baby?  There's lots of good info on there.

Lots of babies reject bottles at first.  You just have to find one that your LO likes.  This is why they recommend buying 1 bottle to try before investing in one brand.  

Your LO just might prefer you.  :-)  Quite a compliment.  

If your DH wants to help out, he can do baths, tummy time, sing songs, dance with her, etc.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our LO prefers the Dr Brown's and Soothers nipple shape --- since she does accept those I am able to be amused when she grabs a bottle or paci with a different nipple shape and spits them out.  DH followed the guidelines I gave him of how to introduce and give a bottle in a BF-friendly manner.  I have had friends try 4-5 bottle types before finding one LO accepted.  GL.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"