Trying to Get Pregnant

Pre-pregnancy diet and exercise?

Anyone on a pre-pregnancy diet and exercise plan? I've heard that in addition to the prenatal vitamins that its good to get some of those vitamins naturally. I am wondering if there is any specific diet out there that helps with that. Overall fitness is important, of course, but is their an exercise regime you are on to prepare you for pregnancy?

I know that exercise and diet questions have been posted before, but when I try to use the Bump search for the board it doesn't come up with anything. 

Re: Pre-pregnancy diet and exercise?

• imageGhostMonkey:

There is nothing special. Eat what you should be eating. Same applies to pregnancy.

And nothing prepares you for pregnancy.

Truth. And anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar liar pants on fire.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• I'm no expert whatsoever on TTC but from what I've come to know, as long as you are a healthy weight and eating a healthy diet it *may* be easier for you to get KU...

For me, I am not over weight or horribly out of shape but I had my first 7 months ago so a big thing is that I want to be in an overall healthy place and feel good about my body before having another. (we're TTA, charting with OPKS, TTC in August). So I'm just hitting the gym several times a week and doing some floor exercises when I can't make it out, eating less cr*p then I was before... nothing specific though.

You can always talk to your OB about anything that may help your fertility.

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageOhSewCrafty:
    imageGhostMonkey:

There is nothing special. Eat what you should be eating. Same applies to pregnancy.

And nothing prepares you for pregnancy.

Truth. And anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar liar pants on fire.

OP the only thing I could think of that you may consider  "preparing for pregnancy" ... they say if your active and exercise throughout your actual pregnancy it can make labor easier...

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Lift some weights.  Do some cardio. 3-5 times a week.  Eat healthy food.  Not too much.
  • I'm a big fan of Weston A. Price and follow many of his guidelines (except I still avoid grains.) Check out the link when you have some time to read. 

https://www.westonaprice.org/childrens-health/diet-for-pregnant-and-nursing-mothers

I didn't find out about him until after my first two kids so it will be experimental to see if there are any changes when/if #3 comes along.

My kids were conceived and grown with plenty of fast food, processed food and sugar while I was PG but they still turned out awesome ;-)

BabyFetus Ticker
    I will not waste my days Making up all kinds of ways To worry about all the things That will not happen to me So I just let go of what I know I don't know And I know I'll only do this by Living in the moment
  • I have heard lots of fruits and veggies can be helpful, not for TTC but for being in a good place nutritionally while you are pregnant.

I am trying to do lots of the types of exercise I will continue while pregnant.  Walking and cycling lots.  I thought about starting jogging, but I am not such a fan anyway, so don't think it's something I would want to do while pregnant anyway, so just trying to clock a lot of miles walking, since I hope to keep up with this and have lots of endurance while pregnant.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've gained about 5-10 lbs since I stopped BCP so I am trying to get that weight off. I always eat pretty healthy so that isn't an issue. I almost have my walking cast off after breaking my foot, which might have contributed to the weight gain so hoping to walk a lot and maybe join a gym after I recover! I am not a big runner.
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards