Pregnant after a Loss
Options

11dpo beta and low progesterone :(

I'm 12dpiui and we know I ovulated the day after the IUI, so I'm 11dpo.  Beta was 120 but my progesterone (already on vaginal supps) was only 8.  :(  She's upping me to 3x per day to bump it back up and I go in Sunday for a repeat beta.  Sono in 2w.

I'm really worried about the low progesterone since I've been supplementing since the IUI.  Crying

Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 11dpo beta and low progesterone :(

• Options
    Congrats on a good first beta! FX that your progesterone rises!

• Options

I took oral progesterone so I can't speak from experience but I thought that when you took vaginal suppositories, blood tests weren't really an accurate indication of the progesterone level in your uterus. I believe that because they are taken as suppositories, the progesterone goes directly where it's needed but not necessarily into the bloodstream.

That's what I remember my doctor telling me but I'm sure others will come along soon who know more. T&Ps for a good repeat beta!

DD Lea 04/21/10
    DS Nathan 12/4/12
    BFP: 3/31/15 EDD: 12/4/15

MC: 7/2011, 12/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know this isnt really the same, but my first betas, at 12 dpo, showed my progesterone to be a 7.6, My obgyn put me on 100 mg of prometrium, 2x daily/orally, and by my third beta, at 20 dpo, my progesterone went up to a 24.

Just wanted to say Congrats on your BFP, and FX that your P4 goes up!

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • Options
    My progesterone started at 4.3 when I got my BFP, and with the supps went up to 17, which my OB would like higher but is okay with. Hang in there! Your number isn't really that bad.
    Cycle 7: BFP 1-17-12, Missed Miscarriage at 8w6d (measured 7w2d, no HB), D&C 2-29-12
    Cycle 9: BFP 5-3-12:EDD 1-24-13 It's a girl! Born 12-27-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hang in there hon, we have our FX for you!!! I hope this looks up for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Options
    image8daysaweek:

I took oral progesterone so I can't speak from experience but I thought that when you took vaginal suppositories, blood tests weren't really an accurate indication of the progesterone level in your uterus. I believe that because they are taken as suppositories, the progesterone goes directly where it's needed but not necessarily into the bloodstream.

That's what I remember my doctor telling me but I'm sure others will come along soon who know more. T&Ps for a good repeat beta!

Coming out of lurking....

I have found this to be true!  With both my losses I had been on oral progesterone and was able to get my number up high in the 40s.  This time around I have been taking it orally 1x a day since 3dpo but then decided to try taking it vaginally since it had been recommended. My progesterone started dropping from 26 to 12 so my doctor upped my dosage to 3x a day. As soon as I started taking my afternoon dose orally my number shot up to 33.  I keep hearing from my doctor and from others that suppositories are better since they deliver right to the source but guess that at least for me it takes having at least one oral dose a day to make the number rise when getting blood work done.  

I hope your progesterone rises perfectly!  

Back in to lurking I go.... 

BFP #1 on 10/2/11 - Bambishka's EDD 6/5/12, Blighted Ovum, D&C on 11/9/11
    BFP #2 on 2/10/12 - Little Nugget's EDD 10/23/12, Natural Miscarriage on 2/29/12
    BFP #3 on 6/7/12 - BB's EDD 2/19/13, arrived 2/18/13! <3<BR> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome beta! Congrats. Sorry about your progesterone. Mine started off low too and I thought I was out but then it went way up. Good luck! 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for all the positive stories, ladies!  Dr. Google was not my friend last night.  I had lower p4 with my previous pregnancies, usually under 15, but not this low.  I'm feeling more optimistic.
    Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Keep up the optimism!!  :-)  Sending good thoughts for a great P4 tomorrow!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mine has stayed low.  I went from pills to supposotories to injections.  BUT we are 15 weeks now.  There IS plenty of hope and available options.  ((hugs)) Hang in there!!!
    Blessed with one amazing husband, three awesome kids, 2 angel babies and had a healthy baby boy December 2012. 10-18-2011 MMC D & C at 15 weeks 4 days EDD of 4-06-2012 3-11-12 CP EDD of 11-13-2012 Pregnant April 11, 2012 EDD 12-22-12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OB also told me that when you take suppositories your progesterone will not show an increase in your bloodwork. After putting me on the suppositories he didn't even do additional bloodword. Your betas look great! Stay positive!!
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"