August 2011 Moms

Nursing moms please come in!

How many times a day are your lo's nursing now? And what times during the day? Mine will nurse in the morning, after her nap (about 1pm), before bed and once overnight. Does this sound like enough? She also eats 3 solid meals a deal. I'm just curious because she was still nursing about every 3 hours during the day up until 9.5 months.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nursing moms please come in!

• My DS barely nurses during the day anymore. He will nurse around 5 am and then "snack" every four hours or so. He does still wake twice a night and nurses back to sleep.  He eats a ton of solids during the day.....a ton!
  • S-TunaS-Tuna member

DS nurses at 7:30am, sometimes 10:30am, 1:30pm, 5:30pm, and 8:30pm. He eats also eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

• Loading the player...
  • I think that sounds within the range of "normal.". DD nurses 4 times a day, no overnight feedings- wakeup about 8, lunchtime about 12, late afternoon about 4, and bedtime about 730. Her morning nursing is the best and longest. The 2 during the day are often short, maybe 15 minutes total both sides, if I'm lucky. She also gets 3 meals a day plus a snack and sips of water throughout the day. I think your LO would be letting you know if she was hungry. :)
  • He doesnt really have a nursing schedule anymore. The only times that are guaranteed nursing times are when he gets up in the morning and nursing to sleep. Other than that, he just kinda snacks on breastmilk through the day. He does eat 3 pretty big solid meals.
  • I am trying to nurse 1+ years, so I am still nursing a lot. LO nurses 2-3 times a night, and at 5:30am, 7:00am, 9:00am, 11:00 am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm, 5:30 and 7:45pm. He doesn't eat full meals consistently, so I'm not worried about his amount of nursing. We are in it for the long haul!
  • We are just starting your LO's schedule!  Last week I was nursing 7:30, 12:30, 5:30, 7:30 (and 4:00 am).  LO starting drinking very little at 12:30 and at bedtime so now I am trying 7:30, 2:30, 7:30 (and 4:00 am).  I suppose if we dropped the 4:00 am, the daytime nursing would increase, but my intuition says to keep it.  I used to pump at least 5-7 oz at work, now I pump 2-3 oz --- so if she used to drink 30 oz, she's probably down to 12 oz now...  freaks me out a bit, but I think it's her choice (she won't finish bottles and she ate a whole piece of fish tonight).

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We're doing 4,8,12,4 and 8 right now.  I'm actively trying to wean so I'll be dropping one of these in the next week or two.  Hopefully the 4 a one. Lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have a HUGE nursing session around 6:30am (about an hour long, both sides, probably close to 8oz if not more). Then she can take it or leave it with the 11:00am session, depends on how big breakfast solids were.  Nurse around 3:00 before afternoon nap, and then another decent session before bed. 

She eats 3 solid meals a day and eats adult sized portions it seems most of the time

• 7, 10, 1, 4, and 9. 

Pedi said he should be nursing 4-6 times a day to avoid dehydration. (It is SUPER hot here in TX.)  

imageimage
  • LJR 84LJR 84 member
    imageS-Tuna:

DS nurses at 7:30am, sometimes 10:30am, 1:30pm, 5:30pm, and 8:30pm. He eats also eats breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 

This is very similar to my ds...except he usually wakes once at night as well. I'm patiently waiting for him to cut back...haha.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"