Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

if you had $100 to spend at amazon for YOU (and not on books) what would you get?

just curious. My mom gave me an amazon gift card and I buy books regularly and don't necessarily just want to use it on that...she was very clear that she wanted me to buy myself something, not the kids even though I keep seeing things I want to get them :).

I debated an amazon prime membership but I don't have a kindle so the free borrowed book wouldn't work and I already have netflix so I'd really just be getting it for the free shipping and it is not worth it to me...

So... ideas for good stuff?

Re: if you had $100 to spend at amazon for YOU (and not on books) what would you get?

• Options
    kerivpkerivp member
    A new pair of sunglasses!
    BabyFruit Ticker TTC #2 since March 2010. 2 LOSSES ... c/p - Dec 2010. Ectopic - March 2011. Me: 35; DH: 34 DX: DOR, egg quality issues ; DH - all normal FSH 10.1, Estradiol 21.8, AMH 0.49 IVF #1 (Oct/Nov 2011) (Antagonist with BCP's)- 5R, 0 eggs to transfer CD3 b/w by same RE 1/2012: FSH 6, AMH 1.4...wtf?? IVF #2 (Apr 2012) EPP/Antagonist with ICSI - 10R, 7M, 6 ICSI'd, 2F. 3DT = BFN AMH tested by new RE 6/2012 - 2! Saving money for IVF #3. Started a ton of supplements in May 2012 and hoping for a miracle! SURPRISE BFP!! (October 2012)
  • Options
    imagecmeon_the_water:

A Kindle? LOL- I love the lending library, the free apps, and prime shipping. We have an Amazon CC and get 3% back, and special deals there, so we buy a lot of things on Amazon. Prime video really, really sucks- never use it (we use Netflix a lot, too), but, it's worth it for the other things, IMO.

Hmm... lately, the things I've bought for myself there haven't been very exciting. A great set of inexpensive make-up brushes, a walking foot for my sewing machine, a dough hook for my Kitchenaid. I buy a lot of my craft books there- great prices, in case you want to learn a new hobby.

Hmmm some interesting ideas!

Should have included that I have an ipad so I won't be buying a kindle. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsSRMrsSR member

I'd just spend it on DD to be honest.

If I had to spend it on myself I'd get stuff to organize our garage, dvds, stuff for my classroom, makeup, my perfume...

• Options
    aglennaglenn member
    I love Amazon and purchase all manner of random items from them all the time.  However, if I had $100 for something splurge-y, right now I would probably order the Reidel wine glasses that I've had on my wish list for a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LSU628LSU628 member
    Purse, shoes, accessories of any type, new sheets for our bed, I can think of all sorts of random things!
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagecmeon_the_water:
    imagegroovygrl:
    imagecmeon_the_water:

A Kindle? LOL- I love the lending library, the free apps, and prime shipping. We have an Amazon CC and get 3% back, and special deals there, so we buy a lot of things on Amazon. Prime video really, really sucks- never use it (we use Netflix a lot, too), but, it's worth it for the other things, IMO.

Hmm... lately, the things I've bought for myself there haven't been very exciting. A great set of inexpensive make-up brushes, a walking foot for my sewing machine, a dough hook for my Kitchenaid. I buy a lot of my craft books there- great prices, in case you want to learn a new hobby.

We have two iPads, a Touchpad, AND a Fire- they all have their purposes! Reading on an iPad blows- those effers are too heavy. ;)

haha. I don't mind the weight honestly it is the GLARE that bugs me & is the only reason that getting a kindle has crossed my mind (though the fire has the same issue from what I understand so it would have to be an 'old fashioned' kindle). But I can't really justify another device, though you guys blow us out of the water, we just have 2 macbooks 1 ipad & 2 iphones! 

I was going to get a new wallet w/ my gift card but am having trouble finding one I like... I don't like the long checkbook style kind (which so many of them seem to be but I just prefer more compact...though now that I think about it maybe with those little tiny purses not really being as popular/in style I could do a longer wallet...)basically I want something that can hold a slew of cards plus $ and change and will fit in all my handbags. most of the ones I'm seeing on there are really cheesy looking or seem really cheap (unless I open it up to the long ones and then I am sure I could find something good).  if anyone feels like surfing & finding me a good one in the $100-$150 range go for it.....hehehe....

• Options

A new super awesome blow dryer that would reduce my drying time!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagegroovygrl:
    imagecmeon_the_water:
    imagegroovygrl:
    imagecmeon_the_water:

We have two iPads, a Touchpad, AND a Fire- they all have their purposes! Reading on an iPad blows- those effers are too heavy. ;)

haha. I don't mind the weight honestly it is the GLARE that bugs me & is the only reason that getting a kindle has crossed my mind (though the fire has the same issue from what I understand so it would have to be an 'old fashioned' kindle). But I can't really justify another device, though you guys blow us out of the water, we just have 2 macbooks 1 ipad & 2 iphones! 

I was going to get a new wallet w/ my gift card but am having trouble finding one I like... I don't like the long checkbook style kind (which so many of them seem to be but I just prefer more compact...though now that I think about it maybe with those little tiny purses not really being as popular/in style I could do a longer wallet...)basically I want something that can hold a slew of cards plus $ and change and will fit in all my handbags. most of the ones I'm seeing on there are really cheesy looking or seem really cheap (unless I open it up to the long ones and then I am sure I could find something good).  if anyone feels like surfing & finding me a good one in the $100-$150 range go for it.....hehehe....

When I read your subject line, I immediately thought of an Orla Kiely wallet so it's funny you mentioned wallets. I love, love, love mine. It holds a ton of cards and cash and the change is easy to access. Here is a link to one that is similar to mine:

https://www.amazon.com/Orla-Kiely-Laminated-Shadow-Print/dp/B006W49LJE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341020868&sr=8-1&keywords=orla+kiely+wallet

I would suggest going directly to the Orla Kiely website for better pictures of the wallets. I've had mine for several years and it still looks great and I get tons of compliments. Some of the patterns are a little funky, though, so might not be your style...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Omg I really like those, thank you!
  • Options

I would look at beauty products, a new hair dryer, or something for the house. I like the idea of new sheets. I love my good sheets. Have fun shopping! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecmeon_the_water:

Honestly, I practically fought DH about the Kindle- I really, really, really thought it was overkill and that I'd never really end up an E-reader lover. We had a GC to Target and a pharmacy 5% discount, plus our red card discount, and he won. :)

We have devices up the wazoo because DH develops apps for pretty much all of them- we have twice as many cellphones as normal people, too! Either his work or side business pays/paid for most of them, thankfully.

And I'm 100% with you on the wallet thing- I am carting around a horribly old not really nice when I got it little thing because I can't find anything worth replacing it with- I hate long ones, too- who carries checkbooks or cash anymore? LOL

LOL I suspected one of you was a techie (sp?)! I got the ipad b/c it was useful for work & I love apple products and thought it would be fun for kids, portable, etc... but I also thought the e-reading part of it was something I would not like, but alas now I buy all my books through there (although it doesnt hurt that my mom has a kindle and she & I have always shared & traded books so we share an acct). 

• Options
    Sneakers or maybe some make up or make up brushes?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"