May 2012 Moms

Have any GD moms had their A1C test yet?

I had my 6 week appt. today with my OB and he gave me the written note to go get my A1C test done.  I was diet controlled the entire pregnancy.  I delivered narutally at 37 weeks and the baby was 6 lbs 11 oz so everything was perfectly normal!  I gained about 18 lbs. during the pregnancy and have lost most of that.  I really don't know much about the A1C test.  I am just curious how other people did and what my chances are of being okay!
Addison Lily--Sept. 14, 2006 Evelynn Rose-- May 18, 2012

Re: Have any GD moms had their A1C test yet?

• I was diet controlled also. I had a RCS at 39 wks, 8 lbs 9 oz. I had my test right before my 6 w pp visit and all is back to normal. GL! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wasn't able to control my fasting sugars, so I had to take glyburide overnight. The rest I could control with diet. I am completely back to normal. And idk about everyone else, but for my test, I had to drink that nasty stuff again.
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told I'd have to be tested again after I stop nursing.
  • I was deit controlled and my A1c came in at 5.3 which is normal PUT i am now a pre- diabetic so im really bummed and a hot mess but most of the time people go back to normal i have family history of type 2 so we think that having GD trigger it....GOODLUCK!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"