Babies: 6 - 9 Months

On the late end of Milestones...

DS will be 6 mo in a week and he has rolled over a hand full of times a few weeks ago and then just stopped....doesn't want to do it anymore. We work on sitting, some days better then others (but hardly close). Anyone's LO late to the party? Our Dr. did say there might be a small chance that he will need PT due to congenital hypothyroidism at birth (but caught early and has been on correct meds) I am thinking he is just a late bloomer, but I can't help but worry.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: On the late end of Milestones...

• Try not to worry. Rolling I think isn't honestly that big of a deal-- my older son probably rolled twice in his entire life, and it wasn't until 5 months or so. He just didn't care to. He crawled at 11 months and walked about two weeks later, and has always been entirely normal and healthy. And I don't think most 6 month olds (or not even 6 months old) can sit up that well-- my son is 6.5 months and he can sit but not completely unassisted for more than a minute or two. I have to sit right there with him, he'll end up falling either which way eventually. And he's crawling and otherwise normal and happy, so I know he's fine. 

And I know they say that once babies do something once, often they don't care to do it again. I've heard that many times about rolling. 

I think we over-think things and worry too much. I'm sure he's completely fine!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • THANKS!! I do feel better... I tend to judge DS to those Moms who post that their LO is 5 mo and crawling, sitting etc... guess I should count my blessings and enjoy that DS is yet to be mobile, because I am sure when he is I will be much busier!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would NOT worry! Six months old is my no means late for sitting! Keep in mind that people post to brag about what there child is doing while others keep quiet and worry because there child isn't doing the same thing. And who knows, the person who writes that their child is sitting unassisted and 4 months old may have witnessed a complete fluke but obviously wont post again to announce that fact ; )
  • Honestly, my guy never rolled.  I mean, he has the capability, but he never really figured out that it was a means of locomotion.  He was sitting pretty early, and just started crawling at 8.5 months, but he still hasn't really rolled.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DD is almost 7 months and has only rolled over a couple times now. She will go on her side like it's nothing, but just doesn't care about rolling around everywhere. She can scoot on her back like nobody's business though! lol She's also just learning to sit up pretty well on her own. I wouldn't worry about it. Every baby is different and develops at their own pace. My pedi isn't concerned and always brags about how well she's doing, so I don't get worked up about it. Just enjoy it while you can! :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"