Food Allergy

Does this sound like any of your experiences with allergies?

LO is 12 weeks old today and it seems like he is upset from gas pain at least 4-5 hours a day. It feels like we never get any time to play or snuggle because I'm always doing bicycle kicks or whatever else might help at the moment. We do get a bit of a break after he has a BM but until then, not so fun.

He is pretty much 50/50 BF and FF with Similac Sensitive. We started with Similac Advance, then switched to Sensitive and also tried Alimentum but he wouldn't take more than a few drops. It seems as though he does better on the pre-mixed version of Sensitive, though I may be imagining that. I'm also not eating anything out of the ordinary, so I don't think my diet is a major factor.

I've considered lactose intolerance or a milk allergy but I've also read that babies this age sometimes have discomfort as their digestive tract is maturing. I've left a message as the ped's office but I just wanted to see if any of your experiences started this way, before discovering allergies were the culprit. Thank you in advance!

Re: Does this sound like any of your experiences with allergies?

• My pedi said babies can not have lactose intolerance and if there is an issue with dairy it's just a sensitivity or an allergy. Our signs were excessive spit up, green mucousy poop and eventually blood in his stools. 

It could just be gas or the dairy could be irritating him. You could try a soy only formula or something that is soy and dairy free like nutramigen (it is nasty btw).

If you think it is a sensitivity or an allergy you could ask your pedi for a stool collection test which would look for hidden blood in your son's stool.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"