December 2011 Moms
Options

Blackout shades $3 whaaaaat...

We didn't want to spend a small fortune on blackout curtains.  However, no that DS is getting older, he wasn't napping well during the day because he could see everything in his room.  So yesterday I went in hunt of blackout shades at Walmart. And I found these:   https://www.walmart.com/ip/Redi-Shade-36-x-72-Paper-Room-Darkening-Shade-Gray/16778426        

We installed them today and I am pleased to say they work wonderfully! Not bad for like $3 a shade!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blackout shades $3 whaaaaat...

• Options

They are $5.97 for me :p

Good find though! 

• Options
    I will say, yesterday if they were $5.97 I probably would have never tried them.  But that being said, now I will totally buy these again.  I am amazed how a little accordian piece of paper blocks the light so well.  He napped an hour and a half his first nap in there today!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    11.49 at Home depot and 12 something at Canadian Tire. Will give these a try
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageksmit062:
    I will say, yesterday if they were $5.97 I probably would have never tried them.  But that being said, now I will totally buy these again.  I am amazed how a little accordian piece of paper blocks the light so well.  He napped an hour and a half his first nap in there today!

Yes

You're convincing me! I might have to search and see if there's a different color. Grey isn't going to work for us. 

• Options
    Mine are black Ick!  I was really not thrilled with that aspect.  Especially since his valance is white.  The did show a slot for white ones, they just didn't have any at our store.  But they come with little clippies, so when I don't want them to show, or we don't use them that day, etc.  I can just clip them up under the valance and you will never see them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"