Food Allergy
Options

Almost 2 weeks on alimentum

So Monday it will be a full two weeks on Alimentum. My lo has been on it to see if her gas, mucus in stool, constant nasal congestion would go away. The pedi said it was worth a try and gave me the go ahead. She also suspects silent reflux because of the nasal congestion.

The gas is gone. Also she said the mucus in her stool could be from the nasal congestion. But the mucus is gone now. It cleared up almost right away. But she does still have nasal congestion so I don't think that is what is causing it. I don't hink it was from teething because I don't think she just automatically stopped teething out of the blue when her stools stopped having mucus in a matter of the first 2 days. And she is still eating everything in sight and drooling here and there.

I was thinking she may have a milk sensivity and that would be causing the silent reflux. But if all her other symtoms have improved but she still having congestion do you think she does in fact have mspi or mpi? I'm wondering at what point do you decide you need to try and elemental formula vs she just as reflux too. Does that make sense? I didn't want to medicate her if putting her on this formula would clear her nose up. Would something like nasal congestion take more than 2 weeks to go away or would it have already cleared if the formula was going to help with that? 

Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Almost 2 weeks on alimentum

• Options
    hard to say how long nasal congestion takes to go away.  My gut instinct says that she has reflux too, but the reflux could also be triggered by the casein in the alimentum.  My DD did better on alimentum than BM with a modified diet.  her bloody/mucousy stools cleared right up, as did her allergy rash on her bum and her acne.  She continued having reflux, anal fissures and 2 bloody poops in 5 weeks.  GI doc put her on neocate 3 days ago and now she has what I call water-poops and does not like to take her milk well.  Plus the neocate seems thinner than the alimentum so she is spitting it up at least as much as the alimentum.  I am gonna try it for 2 weeks but I can't say that elemental formula has helped us in the reflux/congestion department.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mcleremclere member

imagekris_kelsey:
    hard to say how long nasal congestion takes to go away.  My gut instinct says that she has reflux too, but the reflux could also be triggered by the casein in the alimentum.  My DD did better on alimentum than BM with a modified diet.  her bloody/mucousy stools cleared right up, as did her allergy rash on her bum and her acne.  She continued having reflux, anal fissures and 2 bloody poops in 5 weeks.  GI doc put her on neocate 3 days ago and now she has what I call water-poops and does not like to take her milk well.  Plus the neocate seems thinner than the alimentum so she is spitting it up at least as much as the alimentum.  I am gonna try it for 2 weeks but I can't say that elemental formula has helped us in the reflux/congestion department.

I sent you a PM.

Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well my twins symptoms only mildly improved on the alimentum.  We switched to Neocate and they wouldn't take it.  So then we did elecare and they are doing so amazingly well on it.  The mspi symptoms are totally gone and they take the formula no problem.  They were congested much more than they are now.  I would say now they are pretty clear, with the exception of the morning boogies that I suck out with the frida.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"