September 2011 Moms

Driving LO in the heat

Maybe I'm just an idiot or maybe the air in my car is acting up but this is becoming a problem for us. It never occurred to me that a black car seat would be a problem, but when I have to take Q out, I do plan ahead, put a blanket over it so it doesn't absorb too much heat, open all the car windows an hour prior an then turn on the air and let it run 15 minutes prior.

He is still soaking wet when I get him out of the car after a short trip. And the ride home is even worse because I can't run the air for fifteen minutes after a shopping trip.

The air conditioning doesn't seem to be reaching him in the back with his seat turned around. Its a medium-small sized car so there are no air vents in the back.

What am I doing wrong? What do you ladies do to keep your LOs cool in the car now that it is getting hot or is a sweaty baby just par for the course?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Driving LO in the heat

• I've been trading DH cars on the really hot days (like today-104*).  It's a pain to get her in and out of her carseat in a Corolla, but the a/c is so much better in that car and she seems more comfortable.  In our bigger car, the a/c either sucks or needs recharged, I'm not sure which, and even though the back windows are tinted, she fusses when it's hot and comes out drenched in sweat.

• Try angling the air vents towards the roof so the air can bounce off of it and make it to the back of the car. 
  • Loading the player...
  • We have tinted windows, a shade, and a hot n sweaty baby :) I think it's too hot for anything to make a difference. I just try not to go too many places if I don't have to.
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• imagecast920:
    Try angling the air vents towards the roof so the air can bounce off of it and make it to the back of the car. 

interesting idea. I will definitely try it.

• aveehaveeh member
    My ac is always on full blast and all but the corner vent are faced up and back to reach her. It works well, sometimes shes actually cold when I get her
  • toriwctoriwc member

Last week, I took A down to visit my mom in the hospital (hour plus trip).  When we arrived, she was bright pink all over.  I was soooo upset (and embarrassed) because I thought she had gotten sunburn through the window.  People even side eyed her.  Turns out though, she wasn't burned, just hot because the pink went away a couple hours after being home.

I had the AC vents angled and everything.  I was chattering, but I knew she needed it.  Still didn't help. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"