Breastfeeding

continuing BFing after AF

I just got my period for the first time in almost 2 years.  I'm still BFing in the morning and night and would like to continue as we begin trying for the 2nd.  Once you get your period, does it continue monthly?  The reason I ask is because I was skipping morning session every other day in hopes of bringing my period one.  It worked, but now I'm wondering if I have to give up the morning feedings altogether or if now that I got my period, I can still do my morning and night feedings while ovulating.  Does that make sense?  Thanks for your input!

Re: continuing BFing after AF

• I'd keep BFing like normal.  I have gotten my period at 6 weeks pp with both my LO's and continue to BF like normal and I get it every month.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ive gotten my period regularly since my babe was 3 months old. I primarly BF and havent had any problems at all. I do notice a very slight (about 2-3oz) dip in supply but thats all.

I should add that I notice bc I am back at work and pump for 10 hrs of the day. But she still nurses just fine before and after work with no problems

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Loading the player...
  • I got mine back a few months ago and we still nurse 5 - 6 times a day.  Keep on going!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With Lance I got my period 2 months PP and it was regular ever since and got pregnant the month I had my paragard removed. 

I wouldnt remove feedings, just keep doing what your doing.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
  • I didn't have to change the amount of nursing to bring on a period since I got mine when DS was 5 months, but mine did continue to be regular ever since that first one.  I think that yours most likely would as well, especially if they were regular when you used to have them. 

If they don't return normally, it could just be because BFing in general can make them wacky, not necessarily because of that morning session.  I would add the morning session back in and see what happens; if it seems to affect it, you could eliminate it again if you need to.

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"