Stay at Home Moms
Options

Moms Clubs

Is anyone a member of the moms clubs, and how are they?  Do you like them, are they worth it?  Im going to be a SAHM and some people have told me to join them, and I like to think I am outgoing, but sometimes I feel like maybe I am not?  I dont know, I go back and forth.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Moms Clubs

• Options
    jw87jw87 member
    I wish I had pushed myself to get out more when my son was younger, it may be a little uncomfortable at first but you'll feel so much better getting out and socializing than sitting at home. 

I would deff. join! 

Edit: Oh and if they're not your "type" of friends you can always find another Mom's group... sometimes you just don't click with certain people- I totally get that.  But I would deff. give it a shot and go at least three times to give everyone a fair chance to open up so you can get to know them.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Go for it! You can always stop going if it's not enjoyable for you, but it's worth a shot. Just imagine if it's really amazing and you missed out...

I love, love, love my mom's group... it's not a moms club. but basically the same thing :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd give it a try in theory. I don't like the MOMS clubs, but I found a great group on meetup.com that I love.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think you are confusing people with clumping any Moms Clubs and Moms Club International which has many chapters throughout the US and world.

I am President of our chapter's Moms Club.  I was so thankful to find it 4 years ago when I joined.  I love the group of ladies who have created our group.  The group is ever changing because new Moms join as well as move on when their kids get older.  Each chapter does different things such as Mom's Night Out, playgroups, playdates, bible study, book club, cooking night, kids craft, adult craft club, etc.  With the exception to Moms Night Out, the kids are with us all the time.

• Options
    I joined a local moms group a few months ago and really enjoy it!  We have moms night out once a month, have play dates in homes as well as at parks, and craft night.  I am a shy person and joining this group as helped me out a lot!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Yes - do it!

I'm a member of my local MOMs Club Chapter and I love it.  Just having an event to look forward to and knowing that you'll get to talk to another adult can really make your day/week.  You only have to participate as much as you want.  But like anything else, the more you put into it, the more you'll get out of it!

• Options
    I've been with our local MOMsClub since DD#1 was a baby. I've loved it. They brought me food after my other babies were born, have music and movement classes, story time, I belong to their book club, cool mom's night out activities. I pick and choose what I want to go to and have made a few good friends from it. Plus I get more info on what is happening around the neighborhood (special author visiting the library, theme park tickets half off on this web site, even mountain lion sited at the park) that I still belong even though I don't go to as many activities now that the kids are getting bigger. The biggest part for me is that it just felt good to get out of the house.
    Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage
  • Options
    Definitely give it a try! I think being a SAHM can be isolating unless you know other SAHMs. I have really enjoyed being part of a MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I joined a moms group (on meetup.com) after I started SAH - when Ben was 17 months.  I met a woman who I am now good friends with and took over running the group with her.  To be honest, it's saved my sanity.  I've made some new friends and adult interaction, Ben gets out to different places/experiences new things and he gets to socialize with other children.  It's a win-win.

I'd check meetup and see what ones are near you.  We let people come to the first meetup for free, to see if they want to continue, and after that it's $8 for the year.  If you don't like the first group for whatever reason, you can always check out another.  You GL!

• Options
    I also love my MOM's club. I joined when DS was 6 months. What a great group of women! I love knowing that we always have an option to get out. I have made great friends and so has DS. I started as activities coordinator last year and just became the secretary. The group is also a great source of information and advise. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"