August 2011 Moms

POTW for next week.

I think we should have Two winners next week. A Canadian baby and an American baby. Just a suggestion. What do y'all think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: POTW for next week.

• Another example of the Canadians trying to take over the world....
  • eesomeeesome member
    I think it should just be one winner. It's all about being patriotic, and whether you are from Canada or the US, you can both be in this contest since both countries celebrate next week in their own way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • SmileI think it would be cool to do a boy and girl winner but not really a big deal
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • eesomeeesome member

Duff- Since it is a special holiday photo, I agree that a boy and girl winner would be fun!

I will be sure to mention it to Jelliebean who is in charge of POTW.  : )

• Maybe we should just rename it as I can see how 'patriotic' is very nice to our Canadian friends.  How about if  "supporting my country"? or something like that.  If not I would think there should be a patriotic contest and a canadian? contest.

(P.S. To any of my Canadian bumpies that just pounced about ?a boot (like cowboy boot) instead of the American way ?a b out (like outside)   I love you all the more!)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Defintion c&p from Google

pa?tri?ot?ic/?patre'?tik/

Adjective:

Having or expressing devotion to and vigorous support for one's country.

I don't think we need a Canadian and an America winner because to be patriotic you don't have to be one or the other.  Just support to whichever country you are from/live in

• eesomeeesome member
    imagemananana:

I think the themed pics have been cute, but someone on this board gets a new badge every week- are two winners a week really necessary? 

No, it's not. I think just for special holidays will there be a boy & girl winner. Any other week-- just one winner.  

• imageBabyQuizzle:

Defintion c&p from Google

Adjective:

I don't think we need a Canadian and an America winner because to be patriotic you don't have to be one or the other.  Just support to whichever country you are from/live in

My bad, Thanks for the grammer lesson! (I think grammer is the correct word) lol

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagecountrywed:
    imageBabyQuizzle:

Defintion c&p from Google

Adjective:

My bad, Thanks for the grammer lesson! (I think grammer is the correct word) lol

After reading some of the posts on this thread it got me thinking that maybe patriotic is just an American thing so I looked it up.  But it seems that it doesn't matter where you are from you are still considered patriotic if you love your country!

• I think just one winner will suffice :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"