September 2012 Moms

How late can babies move into position?

I'm worried my baby might be traversed now.  I know at 24 weeks he was head down, but that they move a lot.  I'll be 30 weeks this weekend, and I think he might be traversed now.  He's very active on my right side night below my rib and in-line with my belly button.  He's been hiccuping lately and I feel them move mid-level rather than low.  

How late in pregnancy can he move back to the down position?  I'm starting to get really worried.   

Re: How late can babies move into position?

• Manx4Manx4 member

Doctors won't worry until closer to 34 weeks

Some babies can move right up until the point you deliver.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have weekly ultrasounds and this babe is in a different position every week.  2 weeks ago it was head down, last Friday it was breech, and then today it was head down again.

My OB said they don't worry until 36 weeks! 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Loading the player...
  • kjskjskjskjs member
    Mine decided to turn breech in the past week but I'm still not worried. I'll be 31 weeks on Tuesday. I figure I'll wait and see what she decideds around 34-36 weeks and go from there.
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Up until delivery.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• StasiStasi member

My doula friend had her baby move at 39w3d, so it's possible for them to move right up until delivery...but then again your doctor might want to take precautions and set up a C-section (with your consent) prior to that date.

You've still got plenty of time for the baby to move around, I wouldn't be too concerned!! 

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• My boy does the same thing. He's just a flippy baby. I've felt him transverse, and he's been vertex and breech at different appointments with the midwife. They dno't start getting concerned until 34-36 weeks, and the baby can turn even on d-day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think mine's flipping around every day...kicks are always in different places! I have an ultrasound on Thursday and I'm excited to see where he is on that day so I can try to better figure out his position from now on! :)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• UnemUnem member
    My midwife said not to worry about it until 8 months.  Even then, they have helped a lot of babies get into the correct position during early labor.  I'm not really concerned about it. Baby has enjoyed being on its side for the most part.

Emilia Antoinette
    10.03.12 at 41w5d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"