February 2013 Moms

Baby measured small...

Had my first prenatal check up this morning. Got to see the little flicker of a heart beat on the ultrasound but she said the baby did not look 8 weeks. More like 6-7. That freaked me out! Anyone else have this happen? My last period was May 4th. Cycles arn't completely regular. 28-34 days at times. Thanks for any input! :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Baby measured small...

• You probably ovulated later, especially because you say your cycles aren't regular. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Could be late ovulation.  Theres no way to know until it progresses. 
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I think the size of the baby is more dependent on when you ovulated, not when you last period started. Because of this, if you ovulated late in your cycle the baby would be smaller in size than based off your period start date. When TTC did you use any ovulation predictor strips, or take your temperature to see when you ovulated?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I should have been 8 weeks at my 1st u/s with DD.  I was 5w6d.  I ovulated late.
  • I know that can be so stressful!! You thinking you are at 8 wks put your O date at around like....CD 13 or something which most EDD calculators do and not everyone O's exactly on that CD...if you ovulated later or your cycle was around 32-34 days you could very well (and perfectly) be around 7 wks....I put in your perod at may 4th with a 34 day cycle and the ticker says 7 wks 1 day :) (pregnology.com)...try not to worry!! fo you have another appt soon to calm your nerves like in a week or so?...did they measure the HB?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If everything looked good otherwise, then try not to worry about it. Measurements can be off, you could have ovulated late and/or implanted late, or maybe you just have a slow starter. A heartbeat at this point is a very good sign, so try to remember that.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• imageMoose2000:

I think the size of the baby is more dependent on when you ovulated, not when you last period started. Because of this, if you ovulated late in your cycle the baby would be smaller in size than based off your period start date. When TTC did you use any ovulation predictor strips, or take your temperature to see when you ovulated?

No we just did it when we felt like it and had fun. We were definatly trying, just tried not to get caught up on ovulation timing.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi there, 

I agree with what everyone else has said!  Try not to worry. I had the exact same LMP date (5/4) and thought I was going to be 8 wks today, but the u/s tech said I was measuring closer to 7 wks.  My periods were usually around 30 days, but kind of all over the place since i had been on seasonale for a million years...

good luck! 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imagelovin life23:
    I know that can be so stressful!! You thinking you are at 8 wks put your O date at around like....CD 13 or something which most EDD calculators do and not everyone O's exactly on that CD...if you ovulated later or your cycle was around 32-34 days you could very well (and perfectly) be around 7 wks....I put in your perod at may 4th with a 34 day cycle and the ticker says 7 wks 1 day :) (pregnology.com)...try not to worry!! fo you have another appt soon to calm your nerves like in a week or so?...did they measure the HB?

Thank you. That helps! They wanted me to have an ultrasound but our insurance doesn't cover them. We pay 500$ plus 20% after that... and my husband just lost work and im a stay at home mom to our 2 years old. So we just can afford it. She said that they could have me see a more educated doc in 2 weeks (one that is better at us and dating)  and get a better idea of development. They used a very old one and it was all blurry. You could see a small flutter and thats it. (probly why that one was free) So not heart rate. :/

• Thank you all! I feel a little better. Can't wait to be out of the first trimester and relax a bit!
  • If I went by the date of my last cycle, I should be 7w4d pregnant, but since I chart and know when I ovulated, I know that I am only 6 weeks. I wouldnt be concerned at all because you dont know when you O'd.

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • Ditto everyone else!  My LMP was 5/1, which would put me at well over 8 weeks.  I know that I ovulated late, though - and am measuring at just about 7 weeks.  Definitely try not to stress, especially if your cycles are often irregular like you said.
    lovelylittleworld
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • At my first ultrasound, I measured 4 days behind.  I did IVF, so I know EXACTLY when everything happened.  I had my 2nd ultrasound today and the baby is measuring 1 day ahead now.  The tech said that measurements early up to 12 weeks can be off by a day or two because you are measuring a grain of rice.  I think that everything will be fine.  Try not to worry!  Congratulations!
    Me: 29, ok
    DH: 31, dx severe MFI..low everything
    IVF with ICSI only option
    First IVF-Oct 2011 ER 10/27/2011 12R, 10M, 8F
    ET 10/30/2011 1 perfect embie
    Beta 11/14/2011-BFFN
    FET #1- Transferred 2 embryos (8 cell and morula)-BFN
    Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism-Synthroid-helped levels after 6 weeks
    FET#2- Transferred 3 embryos (2-6cell, 1-7 cell) Beta: 3/29/12....BFN
    2nd fresh ivf-May 2012
    Changed protocol to add Luveris
    ER 05/27/2012 8R 6M 4F ET 05/30/2012 2embryos 9 cell and 6 cell
    Beta 06/12/12 @13dp3dt - BFP 116
    Second beta 06/18/2012 @ 1579
    1st ultrasound 06/20 saw GS and Yolk sac
    2nd ultrasound 06/29 heartbeat 120 bpm @ 6 weeks 4 days
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jmlindjmlind member
    This happened to me exactly, down to the last period date. I'm waiting on my appointment this week to see what the actual date is... It's so nervewracking!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"