June 2011 Moms
Options

Dads are funny!

thought I'd lurk on the dads board and came across this post.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/66590180.aspx

Anyway, I thought it was funny.  I don't like that some women were posting.  I know.  I know.  It's a public forum.  I just think we should do our best to leave them be.

Re: Dads are funny!

• Options
    I feel like half the "guys" on there probably aren't really men. Seems weird. Before I even read past his post though I read and said "WE?" out loud. HAHA I get what he was saying, but still. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

What does FTFY mean?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageaanchor:

What does FTFY mean?

I'm thinking "fixed that for you".  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    Fixed That For You
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Options
    Yah.  I started cracking up at the "WE".  I side-eyed it but would have probably let it slide though.  I'm thinking he's just really into being a dad and that makes him feel involved. Idk.
  • Options
    Ah, I forgot about that board! I had been lurking awhile back and thought that any men who were seriously wanting to be a part of a board like that would have better results if it wasn't on this site. But personally, I'm with the mom that said "we" was right for their family and that if it wasn't for her H, she wouldn't as successful. We are a breastmilk feeding family just like we're a cloth diapering family. DH doesn't ever wash the dipes, he hardly even changes them, but that's what our family has decided so it is our decision. People need to lay off the poor guy...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • Options
    I don't think him saying "we" is a big deal at all. I wouldn't blame any man if he read those responses and decided to never post there.
  • Options
    I've lurked over there a few times as well & thought that some may be females with AE's. The one girl is always begging for the men to comment on the parenting board & commenting on thier posts. It's pretty annoying.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I came across that post a while ago and really didn't see the big deal about him saying "we". I think it's annoying that women comment over there, I know it's a public forum but let the guys have their own board! I definitely lurk but wouldn't post unless someone specifically asked for female opinions.
  • Options
    Yeah I don't really see the big deal with him using WE either.  He is excited and wants to be involved.  Some women can be so uptight!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    nfrtnynfrtny member

imageaanchor:
    Yeah I don't really see the big deal with him using WE either.  He is excited and wants to be involved.  Some women can be so uptight!

ITA.  

• Options
    imagenfrtny:

imageaanchor:

ITA.  

me too.  some guys *are* really involved.  the baby i currently donate milk to has a dad who always comes along to pick up the milk and is clearly doing a lot of the feeding and child care.  i think it's nice that the OP can appreciate the work his wife is doing to feed their kid.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"