Babies: 6 - 9 Months

always gets sick after vaccines

Does your baby get sick after vaccines? Mine always does. He gets a runny nose and fever and is really fussy. Who else is experiencing this? Does this mean he has a weak immune system?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP - 2/5/14
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: always gets sick after vaccines

• There is no correlation.  Those are common reactions to vaccines.  Give your LO tylenol to help with any pain and the fever.
  • imagemplesset23:
    There is no correlation.  Those are common reactions to vaccines.  Give your LO tylenol to help with any pain and the fever.

This exactly.

• Loading the player...
  • Mine was pretty bad after 2 months, ok after 4 and just had her 6 month, so we shall see. They all have different reactions and it means nothing.
  • What the heck people, it means nothing?  No correlation?  Really?  I am going to have to disagree.

Yeah, so vaccinations are, as we know, small amounts of the actual viruses.  The idea of the vaccination is it helps your baby build up immunity against the real thing.  So vaccinations (live or not) are working the immune system.  That is their job.   

It could be that baby has a reaction to a vaccination (the handout they give you at the pedi list common reactions, but your baby could have others) OR if your baby is fighting something off at the time of the vaccination or comes into contact with germs just afterwards you might notice them coming down with something.

Several books I have read recommend giving vitamin C to help support the immune system right before and right after vaccinations.  That might be a helpful thing to try.   

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"