Nurseries and Baby Gear

Extra cameras for baby monitors

Hi there,

We have a Summer Infant Day and Night video monitor that we use for our 21 month old. We are expecting baby #2 in a couple of months. They will be in separate rooms. I know that they make an extra camera you can buy for this monitor. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with this. Does it actually work if you have one camera on channel A and the other on channel B or C? Or do we need to buy a total separate monitor for baby #2?

Thanks!

Re: Extra cameras for baby monitors

• We bought an extra used Summer Infant video monitor that matched the one we have off Ebay for super cheap. There are many for sale. You only need the extra camera and then you can sell the actual monitor.

Yes it does work when you have 1 camera on Channel A and the other on B, but you can just switch back and forth and see both on the same monitor.

we'll most likely keep it on the room of DD#2, since she'll be a newborn and DD#1 will be almost 2 when she's born.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had the Summer Infant Day & Night Video monitor with our first daughter. When DD2 came along, we decided to just buy a whole 2nd set, and I'm glad we did. I like having both video monitors available so I can see BOTH girls at the SAME time, on different handhelds. One is set to A and the other is set to B. So that would be my suggestion.

Now we're expecting a boy and I want him to have a video monitor as well, but I'm not willing to take one out of the girls rooms yet (my 3.5 year is the one most people would probably suggest doesn't need a video monitor for anymore, but let me tell you, she is at the age where she's getting out of her big girl bed, and messing around in her room before she goes to sleep, so I REALLY like being able to watch her and see what she's up to - if it's harmless and I don't need to go up and tell her to get in bed, or if she's really up to no good up there and not just grabbing another book to climb into bed with, then I can see it's time to go up and remind her to get back into bed please. LOL).  

So, I'm in a different situation, and wondering what MY options are, because the Day & Night only offers two channels. So I guess I'm probably going to have to buy a whole new video monitor set, different version or brand, so that it won't interfere with the girls Summer Infant ones. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the same monitor and recently added the second camera.  I don't know if this is the case for all the instructions, but the instructions on adding the second camera to the monitor were wrong and I had to do some serious Googling to get it to work.  Anyway, once set up, it works just fine.  Much cheaper than buying a whole new monitor!  (We bought the Motorola and couldn't stand all the noise from the cameras)
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"