June 2012 Moms

my birth story (xp pgal)

i was induced tuesday night at 41weeks. went in at 12am ..got settled in room by 12:30 . i was 2cm dilated and had been contracting irregularly since last 7days. so my ob decided that it was not safe to put cervidil coz it can cause uterine hyperstimulation when u are already contracting. the resident placed a foley bulb inside me to mechanically dilate the cervix.when she inflated it..i had the worst pain in my life and my B.P shot upto 170 and baby's hb dropped to around 60 or 70 ..they never told me how much..she took the foley out in about 2 or 3 min which look like eternity to me and i immediately dialted to 4from 2.my room became crowded..i was given oxygen put on my side..my ob was called from home and fortunatlely baby's hb came back to normal..magnesium drip was started which was turned off when it was time to push.after about 20min my ob decided to break my water to see if there was any meuconium..it was clear. i then took epidural coz i knew i dont respond well to pain..the epi caused my bp to drop to around 70/50.i was given some shot to bring it up...pitocin was then started around 3am.. by 8am i was around 8cm and 100%. table was set up. around 10:15 am i was fully dilated and it was time to push .. i started pushing ..pushed as hard as i could but since i had no urge to push it was difficult..it took me an hour to learn how to effectively direct the direction of force and which muscles to use lol.. i then pushed good ..and my boy was born at 12:19 pm ..2 hours after i started pushing.weighing 6lb13oz and 19 3/4 inches long screaming his lungs out. apgar 9/9. i had a second degree tear which my doc then stitched up.. DH cut the cord and was crying with the baby so was my mom who also didnt leave my side. my DH is a transplant surgeon and he is saying to all his friends who call that labor is the most stressful and difficult thing ever lol.. i guess it happens when your loved one is on the other side of the table..me and baby got discharged after 24 hours and are home now healthy and happy. i am a little sore..taking advil every 4to 6 hours with colace. things are swollen down there and i dont have the heart to look there with a mirror. i still look 5 months pregnant and my hip bones seem loose ..i am having the funny feeling of walking on a loose skeleton..even my stomach is a little bit uncomfy as all organs are trying to find there original space lol.. but it is all worth it..thank u all for your support though i didnt post much..but i logged in daily and read almost all the posts. i am trying to post a pic of my boy moments after he was born ..he was just looking around so alert and awake trying to make sense of things in new world. https://i49.tinypic.com/1zgustj.jpg
image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: my birth story (xp pgal)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"