Stay at Home Moms

FFFC

Let's get it started ...

(also, AW- new siggy)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FFFC

• My FFFC is that I CRIED yesterday watching the Swagger Wagon video on YouTube because I found the pride and love of parenting to be so touching. I know it is pregnancy hormones but I sure felt BSC.

This is the video, it was popular/viral about 2 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUG3Z8Hxa5I.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJessesGirl&MackenziesMom:

My FFFC is that I CRIED yesterday watching the Swagger Wagon video on YouTube because I found the pride and love of parenting to be so touching. I know it is pregnancy hormones but I sure felt BSC.

This is the video, it was popular/viral about 2 years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUG3Z8Hxa5I.

OMG I just watched this.  Hilarious!!  I LOL'd multiple times. 

My FFFC: I just watched this video and Parker said to me: "Mom you should show that to the SAHM board" =|   

• Loading the player...
  • imageJessesGirl&MackenziesMom:

My FFFC is that I CRIED yesterday watching the Swagger Wagon video on YouTube because I found the pride and love of parenting to be so touching. I know it is pregnancy hormones but I sure felt BSC.

That was awesome, I'd never seen it! Thanks for sharing.

But that leads to my confession...

I am just too stubborn to get a minivan, no matter how practical and great they are for families. I can't do it. Right now all 3 car seats are crammed into the back of my sedan.

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • imagehayleydeee:
    imageJessesGirl&MackenziesMom:

I am just too stubborn to get a minivan, no matter how practical and great they are for families. I can't do it. Right now all 3 car seats are crammed into the back of my sedan.

This was my FFC a while back.  We can fit the three car seats in the Jeep we that is what we're sticking with. 

• imageEnglishMajor03:
    imagehayleydeee:

This was my FFC a while back.  We can fit the three car seats in the Jeep we that is what we're sticking with. 

LOL! I don't get the minivan hate. I never really wanted a minivan, but I drive one and like it.

My confession is that I LOVE when people are ADAMANT that they will NEVER EVER EVER drive a minivan and then end up driving a minivan. Puts a smile on my face every time.

Oh, and I"m not saying you 2 will end up with a minivan. I'm talking about my own friends IRL. 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • LOVE that commercial... doesn't make me cry, but this one does. Every. single. time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NScs_qX2Okk

My FFFC (and only because it's flame free): A couple days ago I noticed DD's ear smelled like a#$ so I took a look see... I found so much ear gunk in that top fold. Nasty. Had NEVER WASHED IN THERE. Go ahead, judge me... I deserve it. From now on I'm going to be the ear nazi lol... 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageHarrietNJMommy:
    imageEnglishMajor03:
    imagehayleydeee:

My confession is that I LOVE when people are ADAMANT that they will NEVER EVER EVER drive a minivan and then end up driving a minivan. Puts a smile on my face every time.

Actually, I think that has a part in my saying "never ever". Since I was a little kid I always maintained that I would NEVER drive a minivan.  To do so now would make me a huge hypocrite! I'd never hear the end of it from my friends and family. 

DH would love to have one, well, that or a wagon (shudder). I'll stick with my zippy little BMW thank you very much! Right now we're looking into an SUV to replace DH's Jetta, but even that's pushing it for me, Lol!

However, I am encouraged to hear that you can fit 3 across the back of a Jeep. Those new Grand Cherokees are so nice! 

Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • imageHarrietNJMommy:
    imageEnglishMajor03:
    imagehayleydeee:

LOL! I don't get the minivan hate. I never really wanted a minivan, but I drive one and like it.

Oh, and I"m not saying you 2 will end up with a minivan. I'm talking about my own friends IRL. 

Harriet- I completely understand that one day I MAY eat my words even though I really do not see that happening.  I'm going to do everything in my power not to.  But, if one day I get a minivan, I will be posting here eating crow...don't you worry ;) 

• 1) I love my minivan. My first car in HS was a minivan though so it has never been a "dumpy mom" thing for me. 

2) Ok, I lied. I currently hate my minivan, but not minivans in general. I want a new one. Mine has really crappy a/c and I can never seem to get the back seat cool (huge problem in triple digit weather...). When you turn on the a/c in the rear of the van, you can no longer accelerate at a respectable rate. 

3) I am a terrible housekeeper. I am finally addressing the pile of clean laundry that has adorned my hallway for the past week. (School has been brutal this week, so that's my excuse). DD is "helping" me fold which makes me want to give up altogether. I'm considering leaving it til tomorrow when the big kids come home and bribing them to do it...

• DochasDochas member

imageCnAmom:
    I might be getting old, but I don't get the appeal of fireworks. Our county has banned all fireworks this year but the county south of us has not. People are driving to the other county and bringing back things like roman candles (normally perfectly legal) and setting them off all up and down our street. I don't understand how these idiots think this is a good idea when we live in a state that is currently being devastated by wildfires. Can someone please explain this to me?

That's ridiculous.  I like professional fireworks displays.  But I don't care for random yahoos blowing them off in the street.

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHarrietNJMommy:
    imageEnglishMajor03:
    imagehayleydeee:

I am an anti-minivan person myself.  I got a Honda Pilot.  No minivan in my future!! :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Oh, and I never liked Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise together so I am glad they are getting divorced.  That was a sham relationship from the beginning.  I still don't believe that little girl is really his. . .
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Like Harriet, I do get satisfaction from those who were so anti-minivan then came over to the other side. I love mine! I can't imagine going anywhere without it. 

My kids watch a lot of television, to the point I think if I admitted the number people here would keel over. Conversely, we do a lot of things outside the home, we have a lot of play dates, and do a lot of extracurriculars.

I feel like it kind of balances itself out.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • I spent the day at the pool working on my tan, drinking beer and hanging out. Came home and decided to order dinner

Going to try to pick up the house real quick before the hubby gets home.

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • #1: Fitting with the popular "do you wear PJs all day" thread...I am almost always showered and dressed by 10. I got dressed today (well, in yoga pants, a bra and fitting tank at least--we were staying in) and then when DD went down for her nap, I got back in my PJs, sans bra. My excuse is that I got a nasty sun burn on my shoulders/chest and nothing but a big cotton tee shirt is comfy. It itches and stings. Embarrassed Plus, I have to get dressed up nice in a few hours for a date so might as well be comfy now.

#2: Jokes/posts in which SAHMs refer to their child/ren as their boss irritate me.

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • imagesophie206:

#2: Jokes/posts in which SAHMs refer to their child/ren as their boss irritate me.

That would seriously piss me off. 

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • I lurk mostly but this has been bugging me.  A friend has a 3 month old and has decided "extinction" for sleep training. First of all the whole title sleep training bugs me..its a person..not a dog. Second she kept quoting the book about getting results...if we let him cry and never go back in..we will get results faster. I mean he's not a science project...hes a baby. Pick him up and love on him...
    IMG_7454 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagehayleydeee:
    imageHarrietNJMommy:
    imageEnglishMajor03:
    imagehayleydeee:

Actually, I think that has a part in my saying "never ever". Since I was a little kid I always maintained that I would NEVER drive a minivan.  To do so now would make me a huge hypocrite! I'd never hear the end of it from my friends and family. 

DH would love to have one, well, that or a wagon (shudder). I'll stick with my zippy little BMW thank you very much! Right now we're looking into an SUV to replace DH's Jetta, but even that's pushing it for me, Lol!

However, I am encouraged to hear that you can fit 3 across the back of a Jeep. Those new Grand Cherokees are so nice! 

Hey, wagons are the bomb. I've had an Audi Allroad for seven years, and it rocks. My problem with it now is that it's just too darn small...three rows would definitely come in handy now that the kids are older, because I'm pretty much out when it comes to carpooling. But I've loved it for a lot of years. Nice back seat for the boys, great cargo area for the dog or groceries. 

• imagescatteredtrees:

I have a laundry of complaints about my BFF that could choke a pig. 

Ditto. I have been actively (but passive-aggressively) avoiding going to see her for a variety of reasons, the biggest being that she always has something to say about how I parent my children. It usually pertains to me being too protective or too responsive to them. Maybe if I started voicing my opinions about her parenting, she would stop bugging me to come and visit?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"