Nurseries and Baby Gear

Sit 'n Stand Ultra

I was looking at a stroller that I will be able to use with my 3yo and this LO due in November.  I was thinking about the sit 'n stand ultra because of the options of having DS either use the actual seat & baby close to me or DS on the back & baby in the front.  Does anyone have this or know someone that does?  What do you think about it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sit 'n Stand Ultra

• My neighbor has it and I agree the versatility is pretty cool. However, I was checking it out and it just seemed kind of cheap. Plus, if you have the older child sit near you on the jump seat you can't harness them it. Since your LO is 3, this may not be a big deal to you, but I guess it just depends on the kid. For us, it was a no go, because DS definitely needs a harness most of the time. He's an escape artist. Also, it doesn't fold up as small as I was hoping.

We got the Joovy Ultralight instead (https://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=17319582&). It comes in other colors too. We used it yesterday at Sea World (we only have DS right now but decided to give it a try) and we loved it! We have a Chicco Cortina single stroller and the Joovy was much lighter, folds up smaller, and it easier to handle than the single stroller.

• wawa84wawa84 member
    Thanks for the advice! The harness isn't a big deal for us bc DS will be almost 4 when baby gets here, so it's really not an issue of containment, but more of he gets tired of walking while at the zoo and whatnot.  Thanks for giving that link too.  I checked it out, but it is out of my price range.  My budget is kinda tight and I don't think I could swing that. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagewawa84:
    Thanks for the advice! The harness isn't a big deal for us bc DS will be almost 4 when baby gets here, so it's really not an issue of containment, but more of he gets tired of walking while at the zoo and whatnot.  Thanks for giving that link too.  I checked it out, but it is out of my price range.  My budget is kinda tight and I don't think I could swing that. 
    We used a 20% off coupon and since we are reusing all of DS's things for this baby (aside from clothes and bedding) we decided to buy it. It's our one and only big purchase for baby #2. Good luck finding something. You may want to look on Craigslist too.

• A little late in the game but we have the Joovy Ultralight also. It seemed like the best investment and we absolutely love it. I didn't try it much with the carseat but now we use the heck out of it :)
    The Fight  Against Boredomimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"