Baby Showers

Cross Border Registering

I'm Canadian, live in Canada.  My DH's mother and brother are American and live in the US.  DH's mother's family is quite large; when my SIL had her baby she had a shower on either side of the border.  So I'm trying to prepare myself in case this happens as well (even tho its very early). 

Are there stores where I can register at regardless of the country (i.e. Babie R Us)?  Or what would be the best place to register in the US if I have to do 2?

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
imageimage

Re: Cross Border Registering

• I would go with amazon. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesjgurl784:
    I would go with amazon. 

I have friends in Canada and I think there are things available on U.S. amazon that are not available on Canadian amazon.

I would just pick a store that is in both countries or will ship to both countries.  If BRU is in both or will at least ship to both, go for it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't go with Amazon, the US site doesn't always have sellers that ship to Canada, and the shipping is horrendously expensive. Amazon Canada has no baby related items, it's a completely different animal. You can register on BRU Canada, and the US family can buy off there to have shipped.

There are tons of local stores that will do the same and some offer free shipping (snugglebugz.ca, for starters). Sears will do the same, but their online offerings suck and their gear is limited. I think you're better off going non-chain stores, most don't have the comprehensive sites that the US sites have. If you do a clothes registry, JCP and Macy's are options, they have really cute clothes and ship to Canada.

ETA: Don't forget, register for car seat on this side of the border, you can't import them and most US stores know that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"