July 2011 Moms
Options

WCM

Are you completely switched over?

We started the transition at 10.5 month with 4oz of WCM a day.  Tomorrow will be our 1st day of all WCM.  I'm hapy to see the formula go (so expensive)!

Now, I'm just worried, because DS is giving me a hell of a time switching over to a sippy! He won't drink milk out of it!!  Water, yes.  Milk, no.  Formula, no.  I've tried 5 different sippies at least.  WTH am I going to do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WCM

• Options

We are waiting until 1 to start WCM.  No reason. 

I don't want to do WCM in a bottle, and (I posted below) my LO doesn't use a sippy yet so there will be a learning curve there.  Until she learns the sippy, she'll continue to get bottles.  My goal is by 15 months.  :-)  But if not then...18 months.  Hahaha.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes, we are.  But, we didn't transition until 1 year. 

I would give him milk in a bottle.  I think bumpland is way too focused on getting rid of bottles by 1.  When I told my pedi that EI was pushing us to get rid of bottles by one she looked at me like I had 10 heads.  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We've been completly switched over for about three days. I started offering it when she was about 10 1/2 months aswell- first only in oatmeal (~2-3 weeks) then 2oz for a few days, then I mixed it, now finally all WCM.

I would just keep offering the sippy with milk and let him do his thing. Obviously if he isn't having it - like at all then I would offer the bottle. Nutrition comes before "leaving the bottle" . GL :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Nope. LO has never had straight cow's milk, although he's had dairy like cheese/yogurt and in recipes that use milk for cooking.  But I don't plan to introduce it ever, just keep BFing until age 2 and beyond. I don't care for milk as a drink and he can get the good stuff in milk from other sources.

BUT similar to you, LO won't drink anything except water from sippy. We've tried giving BM in the sippy and he's not overly interested. 

Have you tried an open cup? My LO will drink from that although we have to hold it for him. Perhaps he's accustomed to milk-type drinks being warm, maybe try warming it before pouring into the sippy? 

Also, the three big things they get from milk are fat, calcium and vit d - if he's eating a diet with plenty of calcium/healthy fats and getting some sun exposure he doesn't need milk. Everything I've read says to limit cows milk to 16-24oz per day at most since too much can cause iron absorption issues.

GL!

imageimage
  • Options
    You could try a regular cup with milk. You'd be surprised how quickly they learn to drink from a cup rather than a sippy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I offer WCM in a sippy in place of one bottle. He will mess with it for a bit and drink some, but only drinks like a fourth of it. I always end up giving him a bottle with formula to make sure he's still getting something. Not sure if that's the correct thing to do. I have the sippy with water or juice with him throughout the day so he can continue to learn it. I first gave him a couple months ago with a sippy that the fluids just flow right out and now he can't figure the Nuby out because he has to suck on it. The nuby holds more than the other thought too and doesn't spill. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Mostly switched. She still drinks formula in the morning, but that's it. And really, it is only because I still have formula left and I cannot bear to waste it. I have about enough for 3 or 4 more bottles and then we'll be done. And I will cry, even though I hated buying the stuff.
  • Options
    imageswimiz500:
    Mostly switched. She still drinks formula in the morning, but that's it. And really, it is only because I still have formula left and I cannot bear to waste it. I have about enough for 3 or 4 more bottles and then we'll be done. And I will cry, even though I hated buying the stuff.
    me too :(

• Options
    Just WCM during the day in his sippies and then half and half in his bedtime bottle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"