Toddlers: 24 Months+

Bday party guest list dilemna

We're having DD's bday party at an arts & crafts studio.  The party package is for 12, but they said up to 15 kids is fine since they're so young.  I invited slightly over 15 thinking that some people would decline.  A few of my friends were supposed to be moving out of state by then, but I invited them anyway out of courtesy.  Turns out, all of their move dates were pushed back, so they are all attending.  Actually, everyone except for 1 family accepted, which we were not expected at all for a middle of the summer bday party date!  The head count is now up to 17 kids and we're still waiting one one more family to reply.

I was planning on calling up the place to let them know and to see if 17 kids is okay and offer to pay for however many extra people they feel appropriate.  the studio is set up in different stations, so there is room for everyone because the kids can rotate between stations.  Some of the stations are unlimited to the number of kids because they are group play (lego station and the blocks station).  And 2 of the 17 kids are actually <1 year old/infants, so I'm not even sure if they count.

Has anyone else gone over the max limit?  Has the bday party venue ever turned you away because of that?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bday party guest list dilemna

• A friend of mine just had a similar dilemma at an arts & crafts center (in the philly burbs BTW). She didn't count the babies, they won't really be in the stations and she had to ask for only one parent to attend due to space. It was a little crowded, but fine, my son had a ball. I'd call the place, I'm sure this type of thing happens often. 
  • imagejallascalla:
    A friend of mine just had a similar dilemma at an arts & crafts center (in the philly burbs BTW). She didn't count the babies, they won't really be in the stations and she had to ask for only one parent to attend due to space. It was a little crowded, but fine, my son had a ball. I'd call the place, I'm sure this type of thing happens often. 

Thanks.  I wonder if it's the same one!  They said it was okay.  I think it'll help that most of the families invited know one another well and are comfortable with each other's kids.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I woildnt think the 2 babies count.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had about 40% of my confirmed RSVPs cancel last minute due to sickness, company coming in town and things of that nature. You'll at least have a couple of no shows.
    image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SG5506SG5506 member
    You can always say the 2 were unexpected.  I have family members that don't rsvp or say they aren't coming and then randomly show up (even to my wedding!) and vice versa....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"