Nurseries and Baby Gear

Ergo or Beco Carrier?

I now am the proud owner of three carriers: Ergo Sport, Ergo Performance, and Beco Gemini.

All 3 have the feature that is most important to me: they distribute weight on to my hips. 

The Beco is the only one that can be worn with baby facing out but I'm not convinced that that is such a great idea.

I live in a HOT climate so minimal material and lots of breathability is important to me (hence, no Moby).

Any experience with Beco vs Ergo that will help me make my decision on which to keep?

Re: Ergo or Beco Carrier?

• If you end up choosing Ergo, keep the Sport and return the Performance.  The straps are more contoured and have less padding so it's not as comfortable as the Sport.  This is my second summer with the Ergo Sport and it's great in warm weather.  I don't have any firsthand experience with the Beco, but I've heard that it isn't as breathable as Ergo.  Hopefully someone who's used both will post and let you know if that's true or not.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Try them on and leep the one that feels best. Carriers are like shoes, what works for me may not for you! But with the heat the Gemini would be best for a newborn because you don't need an insert.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Loading the player...
  • I love my Ergo, I'd vote to keep one of those!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love the Beco.  My daughter is 4 months, and I can't imagine that she would enjoy facing in all the time.  The majority of the time now she is facing out and loves to see what is going on.  That was the #1 selling point for me with the Beco.  I live in FL and it does get hot but only where she is on me, which I would imagine would happen with any carrier.  I think it's super comfortable and wear her all the time.

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"