May 2012 Moms

sex after baby

So.... had my 6 week appointment and got the green light for all activities. Of course hubby was tired of waiting, but I have to say... OUCH!!!! Burning, dry, and felt like he was pounding on my cervix and it wasn't even all the way in!

Is this normal? Will it ever be back to normal? SHould I call my doctor to make sure everything is ok? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: sex after baby

• yes...all normal....it will get better!!  i still haven't done it this time around, but i remember the first time after my first daughter was born.....Tongue Tied
    Jaime... Mommy to Alexa Shaye and Sofia Gabrielle imageMy Bio CafeMom Tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally normal. After DD1, it was a good 5 months before it was enjoyable and not at all painful. Use about 3x as much lube as you think you might need and remember that it does get better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally normal. I was identical after my first. Invest in a lube you really like and use lots. I got scared off and basically attempted to have sex as little as possible after my first. Until we realized it was like starting over from scratch everytime. So I finally bit the bullet and made sure we had sex quite a few times in a row and finally it hurt less. 

Also positions! They are key. I found certain ones hurt way more. And we finally found one at the beginning that was a whole lot more comfortable.  

• That's pretty much how I felt the first time.  I hope it gets better because it wasn't fun for either of us.
    Due 12/20/11 ~ Lost our Muskrat at 9w2d
    4/25/12 ~ Our angel, Persephone James, is here!

• Lots of lube & foreplay helps. Very normal
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"