Nurseries and Baby Gear

Snuza monitor

Do any of you have experience with the Snuza monitors?  Love it, hate it, or do you think it's a waste of money?

Thanks for your feedback!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Snuza monitor

• Love it! It gives me peace of mind. In the middle of the night I'll get scared thinking about SIDS, but then I'll say to myself - he has the monitor if he were to stop breathing it will go off. I do t think I would sleep as soundly without it. Obviously we don't rely on it and use it as an excuse to avoid other preventative measures, but it is probably my favorite purchase.

For what it's worth, my son is a preemie so I am extra sensitive to SIDS risks. I hope most people aren't as paranoid about it as I am. :-)

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
    14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
    My Blog
  • I think it's a waste of money but some people really like the peace of mind that it gives them.  Just know that movement monitors like Snuza don't prevent or reduce the risk of SIDS and the AAP and NIH actually recommend against using them.  Since they're not proven to do anything, it's only worth the high price if you think you'll be a big worrier and it will help you sleep at night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsW80MrsW80 member
    We used the Snuza Go! for ds, and it was the best purchase we made.  I wouldn't have slept without it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dmsnydmsny member
    I love mine also.  If all I did was pay for peace of mind, then it was well worth it!  I have the Snuza Halo.
    Image and  video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby  Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • vigurlvigurl member

imagedmsny:
    I love mine also.  If all I did was pay for peace of mind, then it was well worth it!  I have the Snuza Halo.

this exactly....$100 is a drop in the bucket

• I loved it when LO was a bit younger but when he started rolling it would come out of contact with his skin in the middle of the night. We actually bought an angelcare when that started happening because of the piece of mind it provided for us.  We still use the snuza when we travel though. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS was a tummy sleeper from the get go and the only way I felt comfortable putting him in his crib vs the rock and play (where I could keep him on his back) was to have some kind of monitor. We cloth diaper and it fit nice an snug. Only time we had a false alarm was overnight at grandpa's when he was in disposables and it fell off into his footies. If you use disposables, I'd recommend putting on a snug onsie and pants and clipping it to the pants if possible, it seems like it doens't stay as snug on the thinner diaper.
  • A baby in my son's due date group was saved due to a Snuza monitor. He stopped breathing and his mom was able to resuscitate him until the paramedics came. Priceless in my opinion. 
  • Loved it. We had to stop using it when she started rolling because it would come off her diaper and the sensor would go off. I used both the snuza and angel care monitor. I was a nervous first time mom...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the Halo and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!  It IS worth the peace of mind and I've read at least a dozen comments in these forums and on their facebook page about babies that were saved.  It's really about what you're comfortable with.  I absolutely can not sleep if I don't have the Snuza on my LO.  
  • We have the Go model.  I got it off Zulily when it was on sale.  We do all the preventative measures but I love the peace of mind I get from the Snuza.  Definitely worth the price for me.  I'd never sleep without it.  
    BFP on 1/27/11 - EDD 10/7/11 - M/C on 2/21/11 @ 7w3d
    BFP on 11/3/11 - EDD 07/6/12 - DD born 6/27/12 via c-section 
    BFP on 1/31/15 - EDD 10/9/15 -- Beta #1 @ 17dpo: 394, Beta #2 @ 20dpo: 1604 (35 hour doubling time!), Beta #3 @ 24dpo: 5287
    1st ultrasound 2/19 6w6d - strong heartbeat and measuring perfectly!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I know this is old, but I wanted to give my two cents.  I have the Halo and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!  Essentially, nothing can "prevent" the phenomenon of your child suddenly not breathing, aka SIDS - but a monitor can alert you if/when you baby is having a breathing issue so that you can attempt to do something about it!  As a new mother I was terrified and I had to do something to help me have some peace of mind at night because I wasn't sleeping.  The monitor is a tool to help prevent an infant death not a cure and you have to be prepared to take the next step, which would be attempting to rouse your child and possibly performing infant CPR.  As long as you undertand that, for me, the Snuza was a no-brainer.  I have used it every night since my daughter was born and it was the best investment I've ever made.  I read stories ALL the time on their facebook page (/SnuzaUSA) about babies that were saved because they were wearing the Snuza.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"