Military Families

Civil Air Patrol...

Planning on signing up our 13 yr old son. Just looking for thoughts & opinions. Thanks!

Re: Civil Air Patrol...

• My husband was in it as a teen and he loved it. They get a lot of valuable skills out of it too. I know my respiratory class certified our local Civil Air Patrol in CPR and first aid. I think they also did some search and resue training and other survival type stuff. The group we taught was going flying the following weekend if they all passed CPR. That's about all I really know but, of the people I have met that have done it, I haven't found one that said they were upset that they did it. I think it's a good thing. If I ever have kids it's something I wouldn't mind them being a part of.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SS was in it here, along with Jr ROTC. His group actually built/repaired a small plane, and then got to fly In it.

Not to mention, these organizations are very service oriented, and they look great on the college applications, especially if the child participates for more than 2 years. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. Great info! DH & son attend the first meeting last night. And DS actually like it. We must attend 3 meetings first before joining.

• imageManneek1977:
    Thanks ladies. Great info! DH & son attend the first meeting last night. And DS actually like it. We must attend 3 meetings first before joining.

Perhaps that is a squadron rule, but not a national rule. He can sign up as soon as he wants to. It is actually better to sign up sooner than later if he really wants to do this. That way his blues uniform comes in the mail along with his binder and books. It is from the books that he will be able to study and achieve his rank.  I have been in as a teen and I am still a senior member today! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"