Late Term and Child Loss
Options

obnoxious radio commercial

The hospital that baby Gary was born at just started a new ad campaign that I heard on the radio yesterday and then again this morning.  The hospital is renowned for women's health and infant care.  Their new slogan: "Who will you trust with your life?  Who will you trust with your baby's life?"  Every time I hear it I want to throw up!  Granted it wasn't the hospital's fault that my son died there, but he still DIED there!  It's just like rubbing salt into the wound.  Jeez louise!  It never goes away!

On a lighter note, happy Friday everyone!  Hellooooooooo weekend!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: obnoxious radio commercial

• Options

Ugh.  I'm sorry.  I remember the first few weeks after I had Alice, our hospital ads kept coming up over and over and over again whenever I was watching stuff on hulu.  There is very particular music that are in all the ads that got in my head and I couldn't get it out.  And the ads all had to do with how the hospital is so amazing (which, okay, it is--it's a very prestigious university research hospital which actually had made me feel comforted when I first found out I was pregnant with twins and worried about the dangers) and helps children born with significant disabilities. 

I always had a similar feeling of "I wish you could have saved my baby" which is ridiculous since no one no matter how brilliant can save a baby born at 18.5 weeks!  But I know what you mean about rubbing salt in the wound.  I had a doctor's appointment in the hospital yesterday and as I was walking around just kept thinking, this is where I was supposed to have the happiest memory ever of giving birth to a healthy baby and taking her home.

BFP #1 9/21/11. EDD 6/4/12.  Twins discovered at 8 weeks. Twin B lost at 14 weeks due to megacystis.  Alice Joe born and lost 1/5/12 at 18.5 weeks due to pre-term labor.

BFP #2 7/11/12.  EDD 3/23/13.  Ada Alice born 3/20/13.

• Options
    There's a TV commercial here that says "this Indiana baby will grow up happy and healthy"  and I always yell "MAYBE THEY WON'T!"  Drives me crazy!

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagephilfemgal:

I had a doctor's appointment in the hospital yesterday and as I was walking around just kept thinking, this is where I was supposed to have the happiest memory ever of giving birth to a healthy baby and taking her home.

The hospital/Dr. offices are completely different places now.  I remember being excited walking down the St. my Dr.'s office was on, now I'm afraid to walk down that same St. because of the emotions it may bring up.

No one ever talks about how wrong it all go. 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • Options

The hospital I had my son at is greatly responsible for my son's death. About a month or so after he passed my SO and I went to a baseball game because we just didn't know what to do with ourselves. Little did we know that the day was all about raising money for that hospital. Yeah we didn't stay long.

So sorry you keep having to hear that commercial. I am sure you want to break the radio every time it comes on. HUGS

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"