Baby Showers
Options

Seriously, nothing off my registry??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Seriously, nothing off my registry??

• Options
    Yes
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I put so much effort into our wedding registry. And I think at least 40/100 people brought us towels.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Options

With the risk of sounding ungrateful, yeah that sucks.

• Options

This is always a frustrating occurrence. My work had a lovely shower for me before the school year ended. They collected money from like 45 people...I was shocked. But then they only bought one big thing off my registry (my pack & play) and then they got me a little upholstered chair for my boy to sit in, and a little tykes wagon (which he won't use for YEARS and now I have to store in my house--it was already assembled and out of the box so we couldn't bring it back). I haven't had my home shower yet, but there's still a lot left on the registry and I'm a bit bummed that they didn't stick to the registry, which has things on it that I will actually NEED when the baby arrives, instead of cute stuff that he won't use for a least a year or two.

Wow, I sound really ungrateful, but that's not the case. I love my coworkers, and I'm super grateful, I'm just worried about having to purchase so much off the registry. You girls understand right?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

To my lovely regular ladies on here, I did NOT mean for this to happen.

::HEADDESK::

• Options
    imagekosmos:

This is always a frustrating occurrence. My work had a lovely shower for me before the school year ended. They collected money from like 45 people...I was shocked. But then they only bought one big thing off my registry (my pack & play) and then they got me a little upholstered chair for my boy to sit in, and a little tykes wagon (which he won't use for YEARS and now I have to store in my house--it was already assembled and out of the box so we couldn't bring it back). I haven't had my home shower yet, but there's still a lot left on the registry and I'm a bit bummed that they didn't stick to the registry, which has things on it that I will actually NEED when the baby arrives, instead of cute stuff that he won't use for a least a year or two.

Wow, I sound really ungrateful, but that's not the case. I love my coworkers, and I'm super grateful, I'm just worried about having to purchase so much off the registry. You girls understand right?

No offense, but most people register for a ton of crap they can do without, anyway. Your coworkers bought you some really nice things

• Options
    imageCranang:

I seriously laughed so hard I peed when I saw the direction this started going in.  

Now, I have to change my pants. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageJenWhite123:
    imagekosmos:

No offense, but most people register for a ton of crap they can do without, anyway. Your coworkers bought you some really nice things

This.  That is a REALLY nice coworker shower and those are all REALLY nice things.  You are being a drama queen complaining that the baby won't use the wagon for years.  I don't know if it is the type of wagon that he would ride in or pull things around in.  If it is a ride-in wagon, you can use that way earlier than you think.  As soon as they can sit strongly unsupported- I think we used ours for the first time when our daughter was 8 months old (for a short while, trick or treating).  If it is a pulling-his-toys type wagon, he can use that not longer after he starts walking. Hardly years!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCranang:

BIATCH!!

When I saw the title I rolled my eyes, then I saw your name. LOL.

• Options
    imagekosmos:

Wow, I sound really ungrateful.

Why, yes.  Yes you do. 

• Options
    imageMandJS:
    imagemorethancottoncandy:
    imageCranang:

I seriously laughed so hard I peed when I saw the direction this started going in.  

Ditto. And do kegels. DAMMIT! 

I KNOW!!!  I keep forgetting.  Until I laugh. Or cough. 

• Options
    imagekosmos:

...That would be a big fat negative.

• Options
    imagekosmos:

Wow, I sound really ungrateful,

Yes you do! 

• Options
    sesigssesigs member
    imagekosmos:

No, we don't understand because it is the parent's sole responsibility to provide for their children. At the end of the day, you should not expect anything off your registry and should plan accordingly.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagerockinmommy:
    imageCranang:

BIATCH!!

I did the same thing I rolled my eyes and my mouth dropped when I saw your name. 

• Options

Well, I gotta keep you guys on your toes...Cool1

• Options
    When I get invited to a shower I don't even ask about the registry. Instead I just buy clothes and blankets I think are cute. Muahaha. Muahaha. Muahahahaha! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageCranang:

Are you even pregnant? It's a little weird that you spend as much time as you do on this board when you dont even have a reason to be thinking about baby showers. Like, not even to be snarky, I feel Iike you should talk to someone about how bitter you are toward pregnant women. 

• Options
    imageKayaXavier:

imageCranang:

Are you even pregnant? It's a little weird that you spend as much time as you do on this board when you dont even have a reason to be thinking about baby showers. Like, not even to be snarky, I feel Iike you should talk to someone about how bitter you are toward pregnant women. 

Personally, I think it's a little wierd that you track how much time someone else spends on a board. Cranang has a had a baby- clearly- if you look at her siggy. Plus, it's the Internet. People can stay on boards as long as they want. 

This just irritates me. 

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."- Emily Bronte Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKayaXavier:

imageCranang:

The Baby Showers board isn't solely for currently-pregnant women.  Not every pregnant woman puts a ticker in her sig, either.  But way to assume!

• Options
    imageBarbourWales04:
    imageKayaXavier:

imageCranang:

Personally, I think it's a little wierd that you track how much time someone else spends on a board. Cranang has a had a baby- clearly- if you look at her siggy. Plus, it's the Internet. People can stay on boards as long as they want. 

This just irritates me. 

It is a bit stalkerish, isn't it.

KaylaXavier- I feel like you should talk to someone about how bitter you are in general. Just saying.  

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMandJS:
    imagemorethancottoncandy:
    imageCranang:

Ditto. And do kegels. DAMMIT! 

I totally snissed tonight... And I was wearing white sweatpants!  So depressing!  

Cranang, there are no words. 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    imagerockinmommy:
    imageCranang:

BIATCH!!

I was kind confused for a moment. I was like... Cranang? Huh? Thought I was having a blonde moment. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options
    imageSherbet Lemon:
    imageBarbourWales04:
    imageKayaXavier:

imageCranang:

This just irritates me. 

It is a bit stalkerish, isn't it.

KaylaXavier- I feel like you should talk to someone about how bitter you are in general. Just saying.  

She is a  bitter angry little stalker. 

• Options

KayaXavier has officially reached stalker status.    I mean, I posted a picture, and she has a long rant about me.

And for the love of God, why does she think this forum is only for women who are currently pregnant?  I hope when she drops this kid, she gets the hell out.

• Options
    imageCranang:

KayaXavier has officially reached stalker status.    I mean, I posted a picture, and she has a long rant about me.

And for the love of God, why does she think this forum is only for women who are currently pregnant?  I hope when she drops this kid, she gets the hell out.

I would be very sad if you and the other regs left Cranang. I think this board will certainly highlight my day once LO comes and I am so sleep deprived I can't think straight. lol. On the other side, if the stalkers and overly tacky people left, we would lose stuff to talk about. Lol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

LOL. I'll be around.  I get too bored at work not to be.

And I do love me some crazy b!tches!  I just wish this one would figure out that you don't have to leave the board once the baby comes out of the vag.

• Options
    imageCranang:

LOL. I'll be around.  I get too bored at work not to be.

And I do love me some crazy b!tches!  I just wish this one would figure out that you don't have to leave the board once the baby comes out of the vag.

WHAT?!? There isn't a dismissal notice once you post your birth story?????? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Dude, I fell in love with this board long before I even got pregnant. It's just a little slice of heaven in my otherwise boring day. 

Seriously, the highlight of my day was finding Science Diet cat food for $5 off per bag at PetSmart.

Growing two tiny humans is boring. 

Single Mother by Choice. Life didn't work out the way I planned so I did it on my own. IUI #s 1-3, unmedicated = BFN, IUI #s 4-6, 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel = BFN IVF #1: 23R, 20M, 17F. 5 day transfer 2 blasts. 2 Snowbabies BFP 6dp5dt, Beta #1 7dp5dt = 58, Beta #2 9dp5dt = 114, Beta #3 10dp5dt = 187 1st Ultrasound = 5/3, not much to see yet. 2nd Ultrasound = 5/17, TWINS!!! Hospital Bed Rest at 32 weeks due to pre-ecclampsia and severe edema. Audrey Grace, 5lbs9oz, & Lydia Louise, 6lbs, born via emergency c-section on 12/6/12 at 36w1d My IVF Journey
  • Options
    imageSmileyGirl18:
    imageCranang:

Yeah, I was laughing as I was reading through the comments.  Zip it!

:holding in giggles:  :letting out fart:  :giggles erupt: 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options

ZOMG you guys, it is totes ok to be pissy when people don't buy you the exact pack n play you hand selected because you knew someone else was gonna pay for it. Why you gotta hate, yo?

Also, don't you know that ONLY pregnant people are interested in baby showers. No one else is allowed. YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US!

I love this board so much.

(last sentence is not in sarcasm font)  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageKayaXavier:

imageCranang:

Yeah...cuz it makes NO sense to have women on here who aren't currently PG but have already had a baby shower. Not like we would know anything about the process, considering we've been through it. Major eye roll Confused

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"