August 2012 Moms

Inner Thigh Pain?

Okay last night I had a mini freakout (there was a huge HUGE spider in my house, like the size of my hand, thank you island living lol). Anyways my contractions that I have been having for the past 3 weeks started picking back up again and then my inner thighs started aching. I figured it was just because I was so freaked about the spider. So I went to bed in horrible pain, with my contractions about 6 an hour (but the L&D doc told me to wait til they were about 3-4 mins apart to come back in), I kept waking up in the middle of the night with pain and whenever I went to the bathroom and wiped there was a red tinge when I wiped. Not enough blood to call L&D, but enough that I noticed. Now this morning my contractions are back to normal, just about 1-3 an hour BUT the inner thigh pain is still there! I googled (yes I know I shouldn't have done that!) inner thigh pain and it said it could be a sign of early labor pains. Has anyone else experienced this as an early labor sign? I am just kind of freaked out (not to mention if I see another spider it could send me into full on labor lol), just being 34 weeks as of yesterday!
IMG_4833 IMG_0119 Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Inner Thigh Pain?

• Lurker coming out... 

I have had very bad inner thigh pain since the second trimester. I've not had anything else you're describing though so I think I can safely say that it's not related to labor. 

Mine hurts mainly when I first get up out of bed, or from sitting for awhile. Usually walking around for a bit will help reduce the pain.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The inner thigh pain is never ending over here...put that with the groin pain and the pelvis pain and the hip aches....I feel like I'm going to crack in half sometimes.

I do not have any of the other symptoms you are experiencing so I can't speak to that. If you are concerned, put a call in to your OB's office and see what they say. 

When you saw the spider did you jump? Maybe you just strained something or tweaked a muscle with the sudden movement? Rest it and maybe ice it and see if the pain subsides a bit.

Out of all the symptoms, the red tinge would draw a flag for me...everything else sounds like a combo of third tri blues and your body/baby getting ready. (Note that getting ready might take weeks and weeks and weeks.)

Hope you feel better soon!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"