June 2011 Moms

Toddler Veggie Muffins - a must-try recipe!

So the post about the carrot pancakes got me thinking about other recipes that involve hiding veggies. Thus I ventured to Pinterest and found this little gem. Amazing. I made a batch this afternoon, ate about half of them (oops!) and made another batch tonight. It makes about 24 muffins and the first batch I did was carrots and zucchs and the second batch was just carrots. And I cook by improvising, so I just dumped some amount of veggies in and since I didn't have oil (thanks, DH, for not writing it on the grocery list), I subbed unsweetened applesauce. My cooking times were longer than the authors but it seems the muffins are almost impossible to screw up. They taste awesome and DD loves them! I had to freeze most of mine so I wouldn't be tempted to eat them all.

Re: Toddler Veggie Muffins - a must-try recipe!

•  These look awesome, thanks!
  • Thanks for sharing. I cannot get my DS to eat any veggies except corn. I will try these tomorrow!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageUWgal04:
    Thanks for sharing. I cannot get my DS to eat any veggies except corn. I will try these tomorrow!

Same here. Actually we've never tried corn because she poops, no lie, 3-4 times a day. I'm not sure her system could handle corn :-D I've been trying to hide veggies in food but its not easy. I am trying grilled cheese with spinach tomorrow. And I've found that if I saute certain veggies in olive oil, she gobbles them up! So far, I've had success with sweet pots, carrots, and zucchs. 

• That's great, thanks! LO won't eat any veggies that aren't pureed, except sweet potatoes. I've been trying to find ways to hide them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"