Working Moms

Third Shift Mamas?

Hello Ladies! I was just wondering if any of you ladies work third shift?? Whats your schedule like with your LO and when do you sleep?? I just accepted a third shift position at a hospital and I will be going to school 2 days a week. The third shift position is two 12hr shifts a week from 7p-7a. I took this position because the hubby and I dont want our son in day care, and this would allow for us to watch him. 

Re: Third Shift Mamas?

• I work 6pm-6am.  I nap when DD naps, usually from 11-2.  I don't work 2 nights in a row.  It works out ok for now, but DS will start junior kindergarten in the fall and DD will go to DC.  It's hard getting such little sleep, but we also wanted to avoid DC costs as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Is it hard working 2 nights in a row?? How many night a week do you work? 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejamielynne1533:
    Is it hard working 2 nights in a row?? How many night a week do you work? 

I've never done it, I know I wouldn't be able to do it.  I get up with the kids at 8am, take a 2 hour nap with them then work 12 hours that night.  I then only get a 2-3 hour nap the next day...there's no way I would go in for another 12 hour shift that night.  

I do work with people with small kids that do work 2-3 nights in a row...they are like zombies. They don't know how I work my schedule...I guess it's just a preference.  I only work 3 nights a week, I usually work mon, wed and fri nights.  Saturday I can sleep right when I get home because DH is home.  He works days mon-fri.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I work 9:15pm-7:15 am Wednesday thru Saturday (Sunday morning). I'm always tired, always. My mom watches E during the day so I can try to sleep. I never sleep enough, usually about 4 hours. 

I wish I could get off this shift but I don't have enough seniority.  

****missing my little angel since 11/28/12 (m/c 8.4 weeks)**** Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"