Stay at Home Moms

Birthday favors, is this enough?

Sorry all, I hope you're not totally sick of hearing me talk about DS's 1st birthday party.  It is nautical, and at Michaels I bought 5 red and 5 blue buckets for $1 a piece.  They're decent sized, probably about 10 inches tall and they have a little shovel attached and a little handle. 

The kids receiving the favors vary from an infant to a 12 yr old.  Is just the bucket a good enough idea or should I put something else in it?  Also I was thinking of tying a little gift tag around each handle for each guest to eliminate any possible arguing over choice of color.  Any other tips?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Birthday favors, is this enough?

• I did something similar and considered bubbles but I thought for the kids attending they would be too young to use it. I also put the names on the favors and what I put in there was based on the child's age so for example one child was only 3 mo so I put a bath toy, for the children old enough for solids I put a tube of puffs. We didn't have children over 1 there and only had a total of 6 of them so it made it pretty easy on what to put in the favors.

I think the shovels are a great idea for kids if they are old enough to be able to play with it.

• Definitely put something in them!!

I am using the same sort of sand pail and am including:

Fruit snacks

Bubbles

Card game(old Maid, Hearts, Matching, etc)

Sidewalk chalk

I have  about $3.50 in each pail.

Other ideas:

Goldfish crackers

Crayons and coloring book (can usually get 24 pk of Crayola for 25 cents with the school sales)

Matchbox cars for younger boys

• Loading the player...
  • I should also say I only gave favors to kids under 10. I can't imagine the older kids wanting bubbles and Old Maid
  • Anything you give as a favor is a bonus.   I don't take my kid to birthday parties for what she gets in return. I'm there to celebrate the birthday boy/girl. :)

Have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers natural miscarriages- 12/18/07 & 2/18/13 (AKA:KRISTA555)
  • I got the same buckets all in red for my DD's favors. I used my Cricut to cut out each kids name in black adhesive vinyl so that it was personalized, then put a dollar store beach ball, some bubbles, a pinwheel (3 for a dollar at dollar store and they were red, white, and blue), and some sidewalk chalk. I spent about $3.50. The pinwheels would be cute for you. They come with three solid color pinwheels, one of each color. Also, Target had red, white, and blue sidewalk chalk 12 pieces for a dollar. I just divided it up into 3 piece baggies. Just some ideas.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I think the pails are fine. I might add a snack pack (like goldfish). I HATE getting bubbles as a favor. They are almost always cheap, they spill everywhere, and then I have to clean bubble soap up.........JMO.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I would put snacks and/or toys in them. Not sure if you have a Dollar Tree near you, but I always see cute kids toys that would be acceptable for a bucket.
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • I think that the bucket is enough. I love that idea.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it sounds good.  If you want, put something inexpensive in them, like bubble, fruit snacks, candy, etc.

The bargain bins at Target are wonderful for cheap ideas.

FWIW, I'm just doing favor bags of assorted animal crackers (jungle animal theme) and a bottle of bubble for each kid.  Cheap and fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"