Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

? about a natural m/c

I found out Monday after 10 days of spotting that I had a mmc.  We opted to wait it out and see if my body would work this out on it's own as opposed to a D&C.  The next day I had some light bleeding that was definitely more than spotting.  I had a few small clots and on and off mild cramps. The next day was more of the same, very light.  And today is pretty much back to spotting like I was all last week. 

I called to schedule a D&C for next Tuesday.  When I called to tell my mom she said that maybe it had already happened and I should get checked out before the surgery.  From what I've read, there is to be a lot more bleeding and definite cramping and loss of tissue/clots.  Do you think she's right and I should get checked again before they get in there?  I can't imagine it was what I've experienced these past few days. 

This may sound odd, but I definitely wanted to have that experience to know that my baby's gone and that my body will be starting to heal.  I've been waiting for that "it's over" moment.  I don't feel like I can start to process all these feelings until the actual m/c is done.  Those of you who m/c'd naturally, what do you think?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 5/18/12. MMC @ 8 weeks. Measuring 6w5d. MC naturally 6/29/12. Forever loved.

2013-07-17 at 07.15.09

Re: ? about a natural m/c

• I think everyone is different and I probably would go ahead and try to have a t/v ultrasound done before scheduling the surgery.  Just call your OB and tell them that you believe the m/c may have happened, but it wasn't exactly what you'd expected, so you'd like to find out for sure.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have had two natural m/c (measuring 9w and 6w1d). What you are describing sounds similar to my latest experience. In my case, the m/c had not happened yet with what you are describing. It finally did on the third round of cytotec.

For me, the pains never got very bad this time (just strong menstrual cramps). But just after the pain peaked, I passed a large clot, bigger than all the rest (which was actually the placenta), which was followed by an increase in bleeding (just for a little while in my case). Then continuing smaller clots and cramping for 1-2 days.

I think there is definitely relief that comes with having the miscarriage be over, although I still feel sad. GL to you in whatever you decide and sorry you are going through this. Limbo suxs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for your loss! I would call your doctor & see about getting an ultrasound. Why go through surgery if you might not need to. ((Hugs)) to you!!

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • Everyone is so different, I would definately check with your doctor before the D & C.  I had two losses at exactly 6 weeks, one was a ton of blood and one was like a super-light period.  (( Hugs )) I'm sorry that you're going through this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Agree with PP that since everyone is different I would definitely tell your Dr about the experience and request an u/s to confirm before the surgery. So sorry you have to go through this and lots of healing wishes your way. 

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• I had a miscarriage in Nov at 9wks-baby had only developed to 7. I started to spot on Thursday afternoon and it got a bit heavier over the weekend. On Monday I passed some clots and then the actual egg with baby inside. I got to see everything that time and I think it helped with my closure.

Right now I am going through my second and I have seen a lot of blood and one big clot so far. Started spotting on Monday.

Hope everything goes quickly and painlessly for you~

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"