Working Moms
Options

New job but thinking of TTC #2

I was a PhD. grad student went I was KU with LO#1 and now am starting a new job in the fall (adjunct faculty).

I had some flexibility especially during 1st tri and my m/s was horrendous so I was thankful to be able to handle my m/s without missing too much work (could come in late or early as needed)

Now my job has set hours and will require some work at night.  DH has wanted to TTC #2 for a while I would like to as well.

It took almost a year to conceive LO#1 but I was thinking we could start TTC in Aug/Sep so we could have another in the summer at the earliest.

Sounds good in theory but I am nervous about managing m/s and we have a toddler.

How did you manage? I do realize not all pg's are the same. 

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                             50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                  100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
Took a LONG Break
Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG

Re: New job but thinking of TTC #2

• Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member

Well I always had a job w/ set hrs and work late 1 wk of the month.  I think this helps put a toddler on schedule. I had horrible m/s while pg w/ #1 and even took Zofran which helped a lot (one option). Second pg was completely opposite, no m/s and not nearly as tired. Or maybe it was overlooked b/c I had a toddler who kept me busy.  Having a toddler is the tough part, especially mine who still woke once in the night but I managed as well as many other moms. Moms seems to adjust easily.

If you have another LO by next summer you will probably be eligible for FMLA if you already hold the current position at your new job.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"