December 2010 Moms

BF and weight loss

I have been very forunate to have lost about 30lbs with little/no effort since I had G. That puts me a little under what I weighed before I got pregnant with her. Unfortunately, I am still pretty overweight and I really want to get my weight under control.

What did you do to lose weight? Any tips? I know that you need to take breastfeeding into consideration because I would hate to mess up my supply. TIA ladies!

My goal is to lose about 50lbs in a year (I need to lose more than that to hit my target weight but for now that is my goal)

imageimage

Re: BF and weight loss

• I just ate healthy and worked out with biggest loser for Xbox kinect.  As long as you don't cut out too many calories, your supply should be fine. :) good job on the 30 lbs do far! And if you're interested, some of us have a FB weight loss page if you are in FB :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Just sending some encouragement your way!!  Congrats on the weight already lost!  I'm still bfing and haven't lost a single pound since LO was born - my body apparently thinks I need that fat!  I took a Zumba class for awhile (then killed my knee) and I LOVED it.  It's a great fat burning activity!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejarebearsmom:
    I just ate healthy and worked out with biggest loser for Xbox kinect.  As long as you don't cut out too many calories, your supply should be fine. :) good job on the 30 lbs do far! And if you're interested, some of us have a FB weight loss page if you are in FB :)

That would be great! I could definitely use the support/commraderie. I'll pm you my name.

imageimage
  • imagepitterpatter129:

Just sending some encouragement your way!!  Congrats on the weight already lost!  I'm still bfing and haven't lost a single pound since LO was born - my body apparently thinks I need that fat!  I took a Zumba class for awhile (then killed my knee) and I LOVED it.  It's a great fat burning activity!

Thanks Smile Like I said, I've been lucky, lol. We'll see how long that lasts. I love going to Zumba, I need to get back into it.

imageimage
  • I just joined a site called www.loseit.com where you count calories in and out and it gives you a budget to get to your weight loss goal. Just make sure that you budget in an extra 500 calories for BFing and do not try to go too low or anything. Definitely eat when you are hungry, but try to eat healthily and stay active.

I just joined this site and it has a friend/social networking aspect but I don't have any friends on it. If you want to join the site you can feel free to PM me here if you want to be a friend on it or whatever! :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When DS was a newborn, I found that exercise and calories didn't impact my BF-ing supply, but hydration did. So you should be fine to start dieting and exercising reasonably, but make sure you drink plenty of extra water anytime you work out.

Good luck and congrats on your loss so far!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have PCOS so losing weight is really hard for me, but it's essential if I want normal cycles.  I cut out all added sugar (sweets, sodas, etc...) and most starches (bread, pasta, rice, crackers, etc...).  After two weeks of being really strict about it I slowly started allowing myself a few "treats" every so often.  A half piece of toast, 1/2 cup of rice, some pasta, occasionally a cookie...  I've lost 16 pounds since the beginning of May and it's still coming off.  I'm now starting to exercise more too. 

ETA: My portion sizes have also gotten smaller, which is good because I ate way too much anyway.  A good breakfast idea is oatmeal.  It's a pretty good wholesome carb to eat (as long as you don't drown it in sugar/syrup) and it boosts milk supply.  Bonus!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If you're willing to count calories, start with 10 x current body weight. If you are more than 50 pounds overweight, then I don't think that target calorie number would affect your supply. Generally you probably don't want to lose more than about 1 pound per week while nursing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just cut out refined sugars and go easy on carbs but still allow some. To keep my milk I have oatmeal, dark beer, and lots of healthy fats... Nuts and avocado galore!

I am at the weight I was before this second pregnant... But 10 pounds heavier than before my first pregnancy. I'm ok with that but definitely need to firm up. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"