November 2011 Moms

BLW - Snack or creative finger food ideas?

Going out of town this weekend to the ILs.  I want to bring some stuff for DD to snack on while we are out and about. 

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm a little bored of giving her toast fingers with mashed stuff, and regular steamed veggies, and other basic foods. 

I thought about a quesadilla of sort, but need some ideas on what to fill it with.  Can baby have beans?  It may cause gas, so maybe not.  I guess I could make a sandwich spread of some sort with soft steamed spreadable veggies and cream cheese. Can they have cream cheese? 

Any other creative munchie ideas?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BLW - Snack or creative finger food ideas?

• We are not doing BLW but LO loves to eat pasta and rice. Maybe you could do a quesadilla or soft taco with rice and chicken. I am just starting to discover what baby girl likes to eat these days. 
  • Baby can have anything that isn't a choking hazard or isn't off limits at this age (like honey).  Baby can have beans (mine has, just watch the salt on canned beans) and yes, they can have cream cheese

Ideas:

Pancakes

Muffins

Cucumber

Avocado 

Pasta

Burger 

Whatever you happen to be eating 

In a quesadilla, I'd probably do something like cheese, spinach and onion.  Maybe some garlic?  My LO definitely loves tomato, avocado and bell peppers as well 

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!!  DD does eat really almost all of what we eat.  Just trying to get creative for travel friendly items that aren't really extremely messy like sauces and whatnot. 

I think I'll make a quesadilla of beans, salsa, cheese and rotini pasta with the cheese - we have that kind that's like full of veggies.  ILs will have veggies like cukes and beans and the usual.  Just trying to get creative.  More like a one item meal for while we are out.

Although, DD hasn't had bell peppers.  I am assuming you girls are still softening these up by way of grill, saute, etc?

• imageEstwd2:
    I don't cook the bell peppers. She eats them raw. Makes for a great teether when they're cold. 

Really!  That's cool.  Does she ingest much of it?  That is something I wouldn't know to give her raw. 

• For quesadillas you can also spread them with mashed sweet potato.

For a sweet version, you can spread it with pureed fruit and cinnamon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"