Multiples

Need Twin Registry Advice

We're expecting twin boys this September and were wondering if any multiple mama's had advice on the must-have items to register for. What items can't you live without!? Also what items do you definitely need two of and what items do you only need one of? We also live in Wisconsin, so it will be cold very soon after they are born!

Thanks ahead of time for your help! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Need Twin Registry Advice

• Im a FTM too, but for our registry we did one of each swing/ bouncer(until we know who likes what),  one tub, two safety/grooming kits, two individual floor activity centers, two boppys, one my breast friend pillow, and then clothes for both. I think that was all of the big stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We had 2 swings and 2 bouncies/infant chairs right off. They were god-sends.

Also a tip I read somewhere was to get 2 playmats, but different ones. That way you can switch up. We did the same thing with exersaucers/bouncies when they were older around 5 months. We got 2 different kinds. They both loved them and then we could switch them and they had new things to play with. Just a suggestion. Sorry if that's confusing, but hope you get what I mean :)

image image image image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I believe this blog is written by a fellow Bump mama and it has been so helpful for me in the registry process. I hope it helps you too!

https://rootbeertwins.blogspot.com/2009/07/registry-recommendations-for-twins.html

Me: 26, DH: 31
    dx MFI 10/10
    IVF #1 10/11-11/11 BFN
    IVF #2 1/12 BFP! 1st u/s It's twins!
  • We LOVE our Graco sleep machine. Got it at wal-mart. It doesn't shut off after a certain amount of time and we never turn it off. Also has a night light. Highly suggest 2 swings that swing both ways (side to side and front to back) and def suggest the swings that plug in. You spend the price difference in batteries the first month of use! We can't live without our swaddle blankets. And since it will be cooler I suggest 2 cozy covers. So nice to not have to worry about coats in the winter just throw a blanket inside and put the cover on. We did this with DD1 and loved it! (and I live in Iowa) Otherwise our girls are living in their car seats right now due to reflux. I also prop their bottles while they are in their seats to feed them. Hate to admit it, but it saves so much time! Blankets will want a bunch of those! 2 boppys saved us in the beginning and when feeding alone at night. Otherwise diapers are VERY essential!! GL
  • My boys are due in early October, but will most likely be born in Sept. too.  I registered for 1 swing (to see if they like it and then I may borrow one or buy another); 2 bouncers; 2 boppies; 1 brestfriend twin pillow; 1 floor mat for tummy time; 1 jumper-roo (because we had 1 I got from someone already); 1 bath tub.  2 pack'n plays; 1 co-sleeper; 2 rock and plays; 2 high chairs; 2 chicco infant car seats.  Oviously 2 cribs and mattresses; 1 DSNG; 1 BJCM double.  I think that's all the big stuff.  Oh and a video monitor. 

Then some baby gates; burp clothes; bottles; car shades; health kits.  The usual baby stuff for bathing, etc...  

• Definitely the swings that go side to side not just front to back (with the moving mobile over it) are a MUST have. I didn't get them at first and wish I had them because they were life savors for naps and fussy time. 
  • I used the rootbeer twin registry blog post pp mentioned (thank you to who wrote it, it helped a ton)!  I agree with pp above- 2 swings, DSNG, bath tub, 2 car seats. We live in Minnesota and we used JJ Cole seat covers. They go on like a shower cap and loved those. Just put a blanket under and a hat and they were plenty warm. We also got 2 play mats and we use them all the time. We got a Fisher Price one that has a piano at the bottom that they can kick and love it. It is about $50 and only one can be on it at a time, but was worth it for us. One of our girls had some constipation issues which are no fun. She could kick for a bit and then be fine. Our video monitor was gold the first 3 months too and still love it. 

Check for MoM group sales or Just Between Friends sales in your area if you have them. I was able to get some really good deals on some gently used items.  

R & R- Twin Girls January 2012
  • imagesr1220:

I believe this blog is written by a fellow Bump mama and it has been so helpful for me in the registry process. I hope it helps you too!

https://rootbeertwins.blogspot.com/2009/07/registry-recommendations-for-twins.html

Yep, that's my blog! Glad it could help.
    The one thing I'll add now is that my boys are now 3.5 so there are a few items that are popular now that weren't out even just 3 years ago. Like a lot of moms like Rock N Plays, which aren't on my list since they weren't out yet then. Worth looking into though in place of bouncy seats!

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"