Babies on the Brain
Options

I'm jealous!

So my younger sister was just married on May 4 of this year.  DH and I have been married for 3 years now.  I went off the pill and we began TTC in February.  I have been tracking ovulation since may, taking my temperature every day, doing everything the right way.  Last night she announces to the family that she is pregnant!  WTF!  I have felt like ttc has been a race with her ever since we said that I was off the pill.  It's not fair, I want to be pregnant!

Re: I'm jealous!

• Options
    My cousin (who is younger than me) just had her baby yesterday.  I was happy for her, but also really jealous.  I felt even worse about being jealous! 

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    imagemandy-loo-who:

So my younger sister was just married on May 4 of this year.  DH and I have been married for 3 years now.  I went off the pill and we began TTC in February.  I have been tracking ovulation since may, taking my temperature every day, doing everything the right way.  Last night she announces to the family that she is pregnant!  WTF!  I have felt like ttc has been a race with her ever since we said that I was off the pill.  It's not fair, I want to be pregnant!

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get pangs of jealously sometimes and then I realize that while they're doing over night feedings and changing diapers I can enjoy the perks of being childless a little longer. 
  • Options
    Life is not a competition. On a side note, you can still drink, and she can't. You got married first, etc. You can brag that you can still BD with a cause :))). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options

It's not a race and she's not stealing your baby. There aren't an infinite number of babies in the world. You haven't been trying for that long. 

Relax and be happy for your sister. Your time will come.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    We got married last October, and sorta started TTC from the get go.  Last week my best friend and his fiance (scheduled to get married this October) announced that they're pregnant.  I was equally jealous.  It took me a day or two to realize I was just acting like a jerk.  It's still feels strange, and I get pangs of jealousy.  But I'm now super excited to have a niece or nephew.  Just breathe, and be happy for her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

completely understand your feelings. The important thing is that you are venting on here to get it out of your system and not letting those feelings impact RL. (don't let anyone make you feel bad for those feelings).

But just think...you'll be pg soon and the two cousins will be so close in age! Hopefully despite this moment of weakness, you have a good relationship with your sis and you can enjoy raising babies together!

Good luck to you both! 

BFP#1 due 3/5/2007 missed m/c at 10w, d&c 8/2006 BFP#2 DD 6/2007 BFP#3 DS 5/2009 BFP#4 due 4/8/12 m/c at 9w3d, after weeks of waiting for hcg to go down finally prescribed misoprosotol BFP#5 DUE 8/15/13 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"