Babies on the Brain

Is 2 better than 3?

Ok for the Moms out there who have three or more children..  Can you tell me some of the PRO's of having 3 over 2 children? I am aware of some of the cons.. I would like to what your thoughts are about the benefits of having three.  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Be thankful for every moment and know that you are blessed.

Re: Is 2 better than 3?

• im not a mom but i will say that i only have one sibling, a sister who is a little over two years older than me. although we do argue and fight, shes also my best friend and i love how close we are. however, i always wanted a younger sibling, but that could just be because i was the youngest.
  • Also not a mom, but I have two siblings and DH has two siblings, and we both want 3 kids. My sister and I have never gotten along, but my brother and I are close despite being almost ten years apart. Having a large family is really nice, because our house (and the IL's house) always feels busy and full, with friends and SOs. Holidays just feel more festive with tons of people around. 

I think my mom had the right idea with leaving a bigger gap between my sister and brother, because we were both able to look after ourselves for the most part and help her out when he was little. I don't know how MIL did it with three that were each under 2y apart. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • There are 3 of us (all girls) within a 4 year span. One benefit is that you're not "forced" to become close (if you only had you and your one sibling). I am closer to my younger sister.

The younger one and I always got along better and are the Godmother to each other's 1st. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

•  Thank you. You are right.. holidays and certain events do feel 'fuller' and full when you have a larger family.. as long as everyone gets along for the most part lol.    I have a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old. Both boys.  I have always felt that I was done but was open to the idea for number 3. It was never on my mind.. when someone would ask.. the answer was no... I feel good with just having two.  Its so nice right now because they are both walking..talking and doing their own little thing.. we can go outside and they both have a good time.. again.. doing their own thing.. I just have to watch :)  Its so nice being able to do more things with them now because they are older (not babies anyway).  I ride horses and I am a very active Mom.. I'm the one cutting the grass..weeding eating..feeding the animals..working in the hay field.. just a very hands on.. love to work kind of mom.   Well now.. for some reason having a 3rd has really been weighing on my mind..  Again not sure why LOL.  My husband has also been thinking about it.. and now thats something!    I actually think I would get preg. with a 3rd in no time but I hate 'giving up' everything I enjoy doing.. such as being outside working and doing the things I cant do when I'm pregnant.  Then I think about all the little exciting things that come with being pregnant and watching our boys with a newborn... puts a smile on my face.. and then I start thinking about morning sickness..labor..and nightly feedings... hmm... when and how do I decide? This part is what I am not sure about.     I get excited thinking about trying to get preg. again.. and meeting the new member of our family but then I think about.. do I really want to do this?   One its done.. its done.   Thanks for listening to me vent  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Be thankful for every moment and know that you are blessed.
  • imageShingletonMommy:
     Thank you. You are right.. holidays and certain events do feel 'fuller' and full when you have a larger family.. as long as everyone gets along for the most part lol.    I have a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old. Both boys.  I have always felt that I was done but was open to the idea for number 3. It was never on my mind.. when someone would ask.. the answer was no... I feel good with just having two.  Its so nice right now because they are both walking..talking and doing their own little thing.. we can go outside and they both have a good time.. again.. doing their own thing.. I just have to watch :)  Its so nice being able to do more things with them now because they are older (not babies anyway).  I ride horses and I am a very active Mom.. I'm the one cutting the grass..weeding eating..feeding the animals..working in the hay field.. just a very hands on.. love to work kind of mom.   Well now.. for some reason having a 3rd has really been weighing on my mind..  Again not sure why LOL.  My husband has also been thinking about it.. and now thats something!    I actually think I would get preg. with a 3rd in no time but I hate 'giving up' everything I enjoy doing.. such as being outside working and doing the things I cant do when I'm pregnant.  Then I think about all the little exciting things that come with being pregnant and watching our boys with a newborn... puts a smile on my face.. and then I start thinking about morning sickness..labor..and nightly feedings... hmm... when and how do I decide? This part is what I am not sure about.     I get excited thinking about trying to get preg. again.. and meeting the new member of our family but then I think about.. do I really want to do this?   One its done.. its done.   Thanks for listening to me vent  :)

Please use paragraphs rather than posting walls of text. It's impossible to follow. 

TTC since June 2010.
    DX hypothyroidism, pituitary hyperfunction, and PCOS.
    On med/treatment break indefinitely. Not currently trying.
    Lots of love to all of my Golden Girls!
    The Vagtastic Voyage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • (based off of how I grew up, we were 18 months apart)

PROS:

- More playmates

- If one sibling is at a friends house or camp, the remaining kids can keep themselves occupied

- Better use of hand-me-downs and/or expensive things, (a $300 crib that gets one year of use per child is about $100/kid)

- The more that they can amuse each other, the less they need to rely on you for entertainment

- ''Good'' peer pressure (once the first kid can ride a bike without training wheels it can be incentive for the rest to learn quicker)

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"