Late Term and Child Loss

*Parenting after Loss Check-In*

Hello Ladies,

I hope I find you all well this week. My post about my parenting fail has inspired this weeks questions.  

What has been your proudest parenting moment?

What is your biggest parent fail moment?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: *Parenting after Loss Check-In*

• What has been your proudest parenting moment?

My proudest moment so far was when DS rolled over for the first time! Tummy time finally paid off. I was so proud of him that I cried. =) 

I still can't believe that I didn't strap him in the car seat. :(

My carelessness has brought back all the guilt I felt when I lost Ian. I feel like such a bad parent. Was there something I did to cause his death? Was there something I could have done to prevent it? I logically know that I was not to blame, but how could I ever know 100%? I have been questioning my parenting capabilities and am struggling to let go of the blame and guilt. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

• What has been your proudest parenting moment?I am so proud of how she has been handling Annabelle's death. I know she is still confused, but she has been such a comfort when I need it. What is your biggest parent fail moment?When she was about 5 months old, I was rushing around getting ready to leave for work and I needed two hands to close the dog crate. I set her down on the computer chair. I turned around for a second and she fell off and started screaming. I felt like the worst mother in the world. I cried all the way to work. She never had a scratch or bump. Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Just wondering if we will be able to give her another sibling. 

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• Loading the player...

I have a lot. Every "milestone" makes me want to cry with joy. I will try to make this short-I have a chromosome duplication that both Jack and Olivia inherited (the docs won't come right out and say it, but the duplication probably caused Jack's heart defect). One of the "symptoms" of the duplication is learning delays and Olivia doesn't have any. Once Jack died, all I wanted was to bring home a healthy baby..so once Olivia was given a clean bill of health and sent home from the NICU, I worried that she would have learning problem..but so far so good! 

What is your biggest parent fail moment? Olivia was about 4 months old, and one night she rolled off the couch, then the following day she rolled off the bed. I felt like a horrible mother!!!!

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? In the 2ww, and if I am pregnant (and I really really hope I am..I am not a patient person) I would have gotten pregnant on the anniversary of the day we found out I was pregnant with Jack..so as silly as that may sound, it would mean a lot to me. 

image Jack was born 1/16/08, died 1/25/08 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

When I asked him where his hands were last week and he lifted them and put them in mine.  I am pretty sure it wasn't a fluke, he did it five times that day and everyday since!

I am going to go with the first bath... I didn't think about how it would affect me and we ended up and a sobbing heap on the dirty bathroom floor nursing to calm down.  I think I traumatised him for a few weeks..

He is five months old!!  I can't believe how fast that went.  He is so so big!  Gah I didn't know I could love him this much!  I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to love him as much as Kam....I was completely wrong.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"