Baby Showers

Hostess thank you gift

My sister, MIL and two SIL are throwing our baby shower in August. It is so nice of them to get together and do this for us, and I want to get them each a TY gift. I was thinking of getting them each a loofah, sugar scrub, moisturizer, etc. but my sister makes her own sugar scrub - and I want to get them all the same gift. Does anyone have any ideas on what to give for a gift?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hostess thank you gift

• Gift certificates for pedicures so they can put their feet up and relax! Or something yummy like Godiva chocolates.
  • Ok, I have to state that I have NO suggestions for hostess gifts.  But when the typical answer from people in response to OP is a gift certificate for a mani/pedi/spa day I have a few thoughts:

1) There are some people that absolutely will not use that.  Either they can't sit still that long, or just don't want to get their nails done....blah blah blah.  Just be sure you know that this gift will be valued by recipient.

2) This gift is completely unoriginal and boring.  It almost seems as ZERO thought went into getting it.

3)  A well thought out customized gift goes a long way.

End rant. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesmiley289:

Ok, I have to state that I have NO suggestions for hostess gifts.  But when the typical answer from people in response to OP is a gift certificate for a mani/pedi/spa day I have a few thoughts:

1) There are some people that absolutely will not use that.  Either they can't sit still that long, or just don't want to get their nails done....blah blah blah.  Just be sure you know that this gift will be valued by recipient.

2) This gift is completely unoriginal and boring.  It almost seems as ZERO thought went into getting it.

End rant. 

Well I guess I'm just a big dumb idiot then, but she said she wanted to get the same thing for all the hostesses so I gave her some nice generic generally crowd-pleasing ideas. I figured everyone else could tell her to just shop like she's shopping for a birthday present and I would actually answer her question.

• imagejociejones:
    imagesmiley289:

Ok, I have to state that I have NO suggestions for hostess gifts.  But when the typical answer from people in response to OP is a gift certificate for a mani/pedi/spa day I have a few thoughts:

End rant. 

Well I guess I'm just a big dumb idiot then, but she said she wanted to get the same thing for all the hostesses so I gave her some nice generic generally crowd-pleasing ideas. I figured everyone else could tell her to just shop like she's shopping for a birthday present and I would actually answer her question.

No!!! It's just that this question has been asked a lot on this board and it's always the same answer.  The intent of my post was to encourage the OP to think outside the box.  Maybe to get others to do the same.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I *do* plan on getting a gift certificate for a massage for one of my hostesses because she LOVES getting massages. However, I also agree that there are women who would not appreciate something like that quite as much (I'm one of them!). For my other hostess, I'm planning on putting together a little gourmet food gift set (check out Williams-Sonoma for some awesome ideas on that).

While I agree that it's important to know your audience, if you want to get them all the same thing, it's a little tougher to get super personal. I would say a gift certificate to a spa/salon would be nice (especially if they could just use it for a hair cut if they wanted!), as would nice chocolates/wine, or a gift certificate to a nice restaurant.

You can also make each one a little more "personal" by including a sweet note telling them how much they mean to you etc. HTH! 

London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Since they are all family, i would get photo frames, i love my aunt, i love my grandma, and give them pro prints of the baby after her arrives
  • Thank you all for responding. I like the idea of the gourmet food gift set - that's a good idea. For each my SILs I was going to include a picture frame that says something like "I love my Aunt" becuase our LO will be the first niece for both of them and they are both so excited.

I think maybe it is a better idea to get them each different gifts. My sister would love a gift certificate to get her hair done, but my MIL might like something different.

Thanks a lot - this has helped me a lot! (Sorry for posting a post that has been done a few times on here - I haven't been on the baby shower board yet and didn't look back at previous posts as I should have!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I get that you want to give them the same thing, but when I give hostess gifts, I want to make sure its something the person would use or want so giving your sister a sugar scrub when she prefers to make her own is kind of silly.  If I know someone likes wine, I give that, or if they are into gardening, then a plant or orchid, etc.   
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kasi80Kasi80 member
    I gave the hostesses bottles of my favorite type of wine.  These ladies like to drink so I know it was appreciated.  In fact they popped two bottles of the wine I got them before the shower even started.  I do paper crafts so I made cute little bottle topper signs for each that made it a little more personal. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • The hostess gifts I gave were a good quality canvas bag personalized with the hostess' first inital.  Something they are SURE to find a use for.

Then I stuffed the bag with little gifts: a small book, a nice water bottle, decorative frame....  I figured they may not love each gift but at least opening them would be fun and the bag itself was similar to something Ireceived as a bridesmaid and love to this day!

Windjammer Genny Tote

Windjammer Genny Tote

• I'm planning on giving my hostesses flowers and nice chocolates. What woman doesn't love getting flowers and chocolate? ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"