Secondary IF

XP - FET - 1 embryo or 2? Help me decide!

I have two embryos left - one "ok" quality and one "poor" quality.  My doctor only wants me to transfer one, but I don't know what to do.  If I do get pregnant, I don't want to have to go through all this again a few years down the road for the embryo not to survive the thaw....or have a high risk pregnancy over 35 by that point.  My husband is catholic and doesn't want to "waste" any embryos.  So I either transfer both now and deal with the risks of potential twins, or even triplets.  Or I go through this all again in a few years to either have a dud embryo on transfer day or a high risk pregnancy.  I am just having a really hard decision with this for some reason and I have to tell them how many to thaw tomorrow.  Any thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated.  Sorry for the rambling...

my history -  I have a 2 1/2 year old from fresh cycle IVF, and I had a blighted ovum after an FET earlier this year.

Re: XP - FET - 1 embryo or 2? Help me decide!

• I would go for broke and do both.  But, I am more than ok with the chance of twins/triplets.  I would have a problem with not at least giving them both a chance, and you also double your chances of a pregnancy.  At least that is how I view it - totally based on my opinion.

In truth, you need to consider how you feel about each choice.  Are you okay with the possibility or twins and/or triplets?  Do you think you will want to go through all this in a few years to give the last emby a chance?  Best of luck with your decision, and hope you get your sticky baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would transfer both as well. Good luck!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Loading the player...
  • It's really a personal choice.  Like pp said, can you deal with twins if both stick? If it were me I would choose to transfer both.  I would be OK with twins.
    2nd ectopic resulted in loss of tube. HSG revealed remaining tube is "severely torqued".
    IVF #1: ER 03/29/10; ET 04/01/10: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 (9dp3dt)- 45; Beta #2 (11dp3dt)- 91= BFP
    FET#1: ET 04/18/12: transferred 4 embies; Beta #1: >2 = BFN
    IVF #2: ER 06/20/12; ET 6/25/12: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 on 7/5/12= BFN
    8/16: hysteroscopy for polyp removal
    11/11: hysteroscopy #2 for yet another polyp removal
    FET#2: ET 12/15/12: transferred 3 embies; Beta #1 (9dp5dt): 12/24/12: 426; Beta #2 (11dp5dt): 845= BFP
    u/s 1/9= triplets!; miscarried all three on 1/10/13...

• imageTripMomma:
    I would transfer both as well. Good luck!

This.   GL!  I think I would regret not trying 2 if I did only 1 and it didn't take.   

Me - 39, DH - 49. BFP #1 6/09, DD- 03/17/10. BFP #2 4/29/11, Blighted Ovum at 8 weeks BFP #3 CP 12/27/11. RLP panel - normal. AMH - 2.1, FSH - 9.1, E2 - 74. IUI #1 + 100mg Clomid - BFN. HSG - CLEAR!! IUI #2+Clomid+Trigger-BFP!! EDD 3/28/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Normally I would say only one, but since you are Catholic (I am too and just went through a lot of debate about whether or not to do IVF for #3) I think I would transfer both this time. I say this because it sounds like the whole process is taking it's toll on you so I think I'd rather give them both a shot this time rather than go through the FET process again for an emby that doesn't have a good chance.

((HUGS)) I hate being in a position to have to make all these big decisions!

I hope you get a nice sticky baby! GL!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"